FM4 Forza 4 FOV

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
So a mate of mine just got an Xbox 360 along with Forza 4 and we spent the best part of yesterday blasting through it, one thing that really annoyed me was the FOV. When playing it was almost like everything was really really stretched out, everything looked elongated and the sense of speed, the length of straights and each corner was very exaggerated, almost like a fisheye effect (though not so strong as that).

Now I've seen some youtube vids and they don't all look like this, and none of the other games/sims I play have the issue, GT5 I play using the same TV and it looks fine. Is there a way of sorting out this issue? Adjusting the field of view for example?

So a mate of mine just got an Xbox 360 along with Forza 4 and we spent the best part of yesterday blasting through it, one thing that really annoyed me was the FOV. When playing it was almost like everything was really really stretched out, everything looked elongated and the sense of speed, the length of straights and each corner was very exaggerated, almost like a fisheye effect (though not so strong as that).

Now I've seen some youtube vids and they don't all look like this, and none of the other games/sims I play have the issue, GT5 I play using the same TV and it looks fine. Is there a way of sorting out this issue? Adjusting the field of view for example?

Can't say as I have had that problem, will have a look at the settings to try and have a look to see what effect changes have.

have you got a picture of your display?

No but a bit of digging/fiddling and I found a few things.

1. Was only with this TV, my mate took it home and it was fine on his screen.
2. GT5 doesnt have the issue but the PS3 autosets 720p, where as the Xbox with FM4 was autosetting to 1080i on the screen. Maybe setting to 720p would have fixed it, havent had the chance to try it yet.
3. Also figured out something about turning on multiscreen to adjust the FOV.

Wont be able to try it now until he's off work and pops down with the Xbox again. cheers tho!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back