Forza 3 models (link inside)

i use alot of lower end models, at present because they are the only ones that are available to me, for the series i'm creating, but in saying that, they arent inaccurate, quite to the contrary, they are positively accurate, i would have liked them to be higher poly, but thats ok, i find if i user high resolution graphics they look alot better,

and my download stats speak for themselves - mind you these arent for racer, the game i'm currently modding for is 5 years old or so now, i'm still considering moving to racer, only because i can add stuff not replace, as in some games...just not sure if i will...becuase it keeps changing the way things are done, and drives me nuts (no pun intended)

That's what v0.9 will be for; a non-moving target. It's already coming along quite nicely (if you rule out replays). v0.9 will be the new 'stable' version, as v0.5.0 once was (and still is after all these years, pff).

Racer engine also needs to be optimized the hell out of it!

It would be very helpful, if in Racer one could see, how much memory (ram and vram) does the car or track use, how much time is spent rendering it (per frame or something) and so on... sort of profiling of the graphics assets.

v0.8.23 has support for PerfSDK, although I'm still hardcoding the performance counters. It does not work on Win32 apps on Win64 (which is my main dev machine) but does on XP/32-bits, but I get bluescreens quickly. Apparently a problem that could be fixed by rigidly deleting old drivers, pff.

BTW I noticed bloom doing anti-aliasing, and also at the start of postprocessing, took that out and it's a bit faster again. From 88fps -> 97fps on my machine, 40->55 on Mitch's.

I agree! Although I think it looks better with the lod0 interior. I want to do that, but I need to get rid of the steering wheel, which isn't going to happen as every poly delete takes about 15 seconds - it freezes up for that long each time.

I just discovered that you can delete huge lumps of ploys with zmod2 when you're exctracting the steering wheel.

On zmod2, just press Selected Mode and Auto on the bottom, select with the mouse's left button and just press delete! Eheheheh, awesome! :p

Haha yeah, so did I. I was wondering what the hell the "auto" was about and playing about I found it too :) But I got to involved trying to take of the exhaust (which I messed up by removing parts of the rear bumper and floor - bad attention span today :D)

That's what v0.9 will be for; a non-moving target. It's already coming along quite nicely (if you rule out replays). v0.9 will be the new 'stable' version, as v0.5.0 once was (and still is after all these years, pff).

good news ruud, i'm glad you are now settling on a permanent thing, this means that i can now start to look at your format and begin preparation to bring my mods, out of the dark ages and into 2010, as it were, cheers

Someone has already started converting these cars from FM3 into World Racing 2, and they look damn good, even though WR2 can't handle the highest LOD model(s).

I'd rather have higher detailed environments in favour of slightly less poly heavy cars, as long as the detail doesn't go too extreme, so that it goes largely unnoticed when travelling at speed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.0%