Forum Upgraded to v1.2

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The forums are now updated with the newest version of the software.

Will post a more extensive changelog tomorrow of what has changed but for now a couple of important things.

• As expected the custom theme I made for the forums that matched our frontpage (which is another software) is broken and needs to be fixed or redone completely (i think the latter is best but takes some days to build from scratch)
  • Chat, Videos and the old downloads are (temporary) disabled, will see how many people still use the old downloads otherwise ill remove it completely now.
  • Nicely styled postbits for our Premium Members are gone, will have to rebuild them from scratch today or tomorrow. At least asap!
  • The downloads system we have been using for the last months is intact and will receive a small upgrade later on to iron out some bugs but all files and thingies are there and working.
  • Comments system from the frontpage might be bugged and needs a fix tomorrow morning.
  • Frontpage theme and layout will be redone from scratch as well and take some time.
For now the biggest visible change you will see are affecting mobile users. No longer do you have to swipe to make stuff visible as our forum is now 100% responsive and will match whatever device you are using.
For all the old tapatalk lovers that were disappointed with our decisions to remove it recently, now you know why and we hope you are happy with this more modern approach of reading forums for mobile users.

I normally don't ask for donations but in this case we have invested quite extensively into new software and your help would be much appreciated. If you can miss a penny please do chip in as every bits and pieces make a difference to pay for our growing bills.

There have been a TON of changes made and ill do my best to highlight them for you at a later time.

Enjoy this awesome new software and if you happen to run into bugs or you need help with functionality that has changed please drop a line below and ill help you out!

Last edited:
i know that feel...
2wrlt01.jpg

Oh no... please don't tell me you bought a large monitor and then don't use the space advantage you gained by using all programs in full screen ?!??

That makes me a sad panda :(

Anyway : Try using programs without their window maximized and notice the advantage ;)

Advantage ... two eyes can still watch one program only, alt tab feels more comfortable than looking left-right.

P.S.: I bought a full HD screen to play full HD not to run several programs next to each other, lol. Only useful for databases and code comparison.

No, it's not true. To tell people they shall zoom is obviously stupid. We are not blind or the text is too damn small. The forum is just too narrow, zooming in doesn't make it better else you want to sit 3m away from your screen.

For me good forums have a scaled resolution like this
9t8y5nhv.jpg
which they adjust when you go mobile.

I don't want to see long texts here, must be a huge wall.

We have been testing various screensize over the last month since we have switched to a responsive layout. Unfortunately you will see a few more so a sorry in advance.

Is this larger width better?

Please take into account that still A LOT of people use a monitor with less than 1024px in width. Its unbelievable in 2013 but google analytics never lies :D.

Personally I don't like wide forums as now displaying as i have the feeling I am having to look to the left to much, hence we have never tested a full width design. Although some forums like Digital Point seem to be using it.

For the forum that wouldn't be a problem to do actually but to keep the forum (xenforo) in sync with the frontpage (wordpress) is the biggest obstacle as wordpress works with a fixed width.

You would have a fixed frontpage with a fluid forum and looks odd.

Current width is 1258px. Curious if people with ancient monitors will experience overlap or that the responsiveness does it job :)

We have been testing various screensize over the last month since we have switched to a responsive layout. Unfortunately you will see a few more so a sorry in advance.

Is this larger width better?

Please take into account that still A LOT of people use a monitor with less than 1024px in width. Its unbelievable in 2013 but google analytics never lies :D.

Personally I don't like wide forums as now displaying as i have the feeling I am having to look to the left to much, hence we have never tested a full width design. Although some forums like Digital Point seem to be using it.
its good now but my eyes are doing alot of left-to-right. perhaps try a compromise?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.8%