Forum Upgraded to v1.2

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The forums are now updated with the newest version of the software.

Will post a more extensive changelog tomorrow of what has changed but for now a couple of important things.

• As expected the custom theme I made for the forums that matched our frontpage (which is another software) is broken and needs to be fixed or redone completely (i think the latter is best but takes some days to build from scratch)
  • Chat, Videos and the old downloads are (temporary) disabled, will see how many people still use the old downloads otherwise ill remove it completely now.
  • Nicely styled postbits for our Premium Members are gone, will have to rebuild them from scratch today or tomorrow. At least asap!
  • The downloads system we have been using for the last months is intact and will receive a small upgrade later on to iron out some bugs but all files and thingies are there and working.
  • Comments system from the frontpage might be bugged and needs a fix tomorrow morning.
  • Frontpage theme and layout will be redone from scratch as well and take some time.
For now the biggest visible change you will see are affecting mobile users. No longer do you have to swipe to make stuff visible as our forum is now 100% responsive and will match whatever device you are using.
For all the old tapatalk lovers that were disappointed with our decisions to remove it recently, now you know why and we hope you are happy with this more modern approach of reading forums for mobile users.

I normally don't ask for donations but in this case we have invested quite extensively into new software and your help would be much appreciated. If you can miss a penny please do chip in as every bits and pieces make a difference to pay for our growing bills.

There have been a TON of changes made and ill do my best to highlight them for you at a later time.

Enjoy this awesome new software and if you happen to run into bugs or you need help with functionality that has changed please drop a line below and ill help you out!

Last edited:
Seems in the image your entire editor box is not present.

This must be a caching issue as this new Redactor editor is newly implemented by the makers of xenforo. Maybe your device and browsers still try to load the old TinyMCE editor that is not present anymore. Hence the empty space.

@Bram Hengeveld
the tag feature seems to be a bit glitchy
tagging certain names is very hard
just tried tagging Antonio Tavares the tag works for Antonio and a drop down list appears but as soon as i put up the T it goes blank. i get the same results in chrome and internet explorer
on both of my pc's

ive signed of RD and back out cleaned cash,browsing data etc

A see its working as designed.

Normal users should be able to tag a user fine with the @ feature however they can a single user per message.

Premium members however have the option to tag up to 15 users per message.

This means that for normal users a second @ tagging attempt will not result in a popup box with username just one.

Problem solved I think?

@Bram Hengeveld can you tag Antonio Tavares

i get the Antonio but when i try the T nothing pops up or am i tagging wrong

im talking about the pop up box that appears i can click on the name and it auto fills the tag
maybe ive misunderstood this feature..

Untitled.png 1.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years