Forum Upgraded to v1.2

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
The forums are now updated with the newest version of the software.

Will post a more extensive changelog tomorrow of what has changed but for now a couple of important things.

• As expected the custom theme I made for the forums that matched our frontpage (which is another software) is broken and needs to be fixed or redone completely (i think the latter is best but takes some days to build from scratch)
  • Chat, Videos and the old downloads are (temporary) disabled, will see how many people still use the old downloads otherwise ill remove it completely now.
  • Nicely styled postbits for our Premium Members are gone, will have to rebuild them from scratch today or tomorrow. At least asap!
  • The downloads system we have been using for the last months is intact and will receive a small upgrade later on to iron out some bugs but all files and thingies are there and working.
  • Comments system from the frontpage might be bugged and needs a fix tomorrow morning.
  • Frontpage theme and layout will be redone from scratch as well and take some time.
For now the biggest visible change you will see are affecting mobile users. No longer do you have to swipe to make stuff visible as our forum is now 100% responsive and will match whatever device you are using.
For all the old tapatalk lovers that were disappointed with our decisions to remove it recently, now you know why and we hope you are happy with this more modern approach of reading forums for mobile users.

I normally don't ask for donations but in this case we have invested quite extensively into new software and your help would be much appreciated. If you can miss a penny please do chip in as every bits and pieces make a difference to pay for our growing bills.

There have been a TON of changes made and ill do my best to highlight them for you at a later time.

Enjoy this awesome new software and if you happen to run into bugs or you need help with functionality that has changed please drop a line below and ill help you out!

Last edited:
@Bram Hengeveld

Is there a way to force full site instead if mobile?

I'm not keen on mobile sites in general (it's not you, it's me!)

Thats the thing James its not a mobile version, its a responsive website therefore its set with break points to change layout depending on your desktop/tablet/smartphone viewport size.
Squeeze your desktop browser window thin enough and it will look like your smartphone.

Thats the thing James its not a mobile version, its a responsive website therefore its set with break points to change layout depending on your desktop/tablet/smartphone viewport size.
Squeeze your desktop browser window thin enough and it will look like your smartphone.

That's annoying for me. I find it slower to navigate now!

Found it much easier to jump to where I wanted on a zoomed out full page.

No pleasing some people:whistling:

I'm not liking the font size of the forum. It's too big in my humble opinion. I find the width of the forum too small aswell. I can reduce the font size by using ctrl+ scroll but that will make the forum width even smaller. Apart from that it looks nice.

I see that during the night you've updated the theme for forums, it looks very good but in the process it made checking my alerts (for new posts on threads I'm following) cumbersome, need to click my name and then click alerts and wait for a page reload to get to them, I much preferred when they were accessible directly in the drop down menu at the top like before.

Edit: I forgot to say that this is when on mobile.

As you have seen in the past Bram moves heaven and earth to get the forum up and running often working day and night for days on end with very little sleep.
As he has said above this is stage one get the software in place then start adding things, over the next week we will see our forum take shape right in front of our eyes, and while were all sleeping Bram is hard at in the background slaving away.
Right now i hope he's getting his rest he deserves it..

If you find a fault please post it but as for the other stuff these things will be implemented over the coming days
What we need to no is is the stuff that's on show now is it all working:)

You're doing a great job Bram. don't forget to get your sleep and drink plenty of coffee when not sleeping.:p

If you are referring to me, I was just asking, not criticising.

Anyway, the updated look looks goooooood.... :D

More feedback;
As of now, I also miss the forum/subforum hierarchy that used to be visible on both top and bottom of the threads, this made it very easy to jump back to the current subforum you are in, or one or two steps further up if thats where you wanted to go.
This is missing on both mobile and desktop atm, hope to see it return as it's a real timesaver when browsing the forums.

I think the main page needs a different colored background, or something to have a contrast between the background, and the content. For example:

rgtm.png

d2m6.png

Good, bad idea?

Last edited:
For some positive feedback, the forums feel a lot snappier now, not that they where slow before but now it's near instant load when I browse around. :thumbsup:

Edit: and I see the hierarchy has made it's return, in a even better form than before, small, tidy and clear. Lovely! :notworthy::thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 416 16.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 281 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 276 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 322 12.8%