Forum 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if it is just my end but found a couple of problems when I logged in this morning.

With IE10, the Search box was overlaying the User Profile, Inbox, and Alerts dropdown tags. I could only just see the outside parts of the dropdowns to access them.
Also, the Unread Threads weren't highlighted on the main forum page. Once I open a sub forum (or sub sub forum) the individual unread posts are highlighted.

Using Google Chrome, the Search box was ok but still the Unread Threads aren't highlighted.

EDIT: After reading the posts in the Paddock Club, I can fix the Search box overlay in IE10 by changing my zoom view size, but the non highlighted Forums problem stays.

Last edited:
Try doing a hard refresh (control + F5) as maybe you have an older cached version of the forum running.

I can't check the site in IE10 as the latest version is IE11 (which is a pain by itself already :D).

What I remember from IE10 is that it has this annoying little button next to the refresh icon (compatibility mode) that when you click it by accident it ruins any modern design website.

funny-internet-explorer.jpg

OK, I've tried all options, and on two separate PC's.
IE10, IE11, Chrome, Firefox, and Ctrl F5:

Still the same, the unread topics Forums are still not highlighted.
The only way for me to check for new postings (in the Sub Forums of interest to me) is to either look closely at the dates of last posts, or use the main forum "New Posts" option (but this of course gives me a huge list of unwanted topics to scroll through :().

It was all working fine yesterday here, and also I have no such problems with all the other forums I lurk in ;) .

Very strange one.

Ah, I've just realized that there is actually a difference between the unread and read forum symbols, one is open the other is closed. Doh!! I'm going blind in my old age.
I was just too used to the unread symbol being distinctly highlighted in a bolder colour, now the colours are identical.

So, I guess my Forum is working ok, but it is not very easy to distinguish the differences.

20 inch monitor I took a screenshot but can't share it with you since images only allowed from URL and I don't do photo bucket site or the likes to upload my images

Anyway as example the Bir of my user name is blocked by the tabs to give you an idea as to how much

Well I did find the collapse arrow finally how come you didn't respond to the fact this option is available?

Last edited:
You can attach images to a post just fine.

Also you are insinuating again that I do leave out information on purpose, while I don't even know how to hide those buttons myself.

I am really not going to bother replying to you again in the future as whatever I say you always have to make it sound like I am the devil. Done with that.

You seem a little too sensitive Bram and seem to see everything as an attack. It was a simple question and a simple reply could have been you didn't know about it yourself. That would have been honest and simple. On my part I only assume that the web site staff be up to date on it's features? Is this not what moderating is all about being helpful and keeping the peace?" In a position such as yours it's almost good to have a back like a duck so things roll off!

Okay thank you for letting me know about that attach feature. Sometimes things get missed we are human. We both missed something now let's move on no hard feelings

Attachments

• Desktop_2014_02_17_10_12_07_066.jpg
    Desktop_2014_02_17_10_12_07_066.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 283
If you start a question with "if you don't this" "It's enough for me not to come to this site anymore." then you really don't know how things work.

I've got a thick skin but there is a limitation of what a person can handle and you have reached your limit with me sorry.

I can only draw one conclusion and that is that you have a very small monitor. The majority of the readers on RD have a monitor with a minimum resolution of 1920x1080. In your case you must be with the 0.3% group that uses a 1024px resolution still and the site and forums have a modern width of 1200px.

Those images should perfectly fit even on an (outdated) 1280px resolution still.

I am sorry but you can't expect us to redesign a site for such low resolutions. Maybe run the screen in windowed mode as the responsive design should hide those off site features automatically.

You seem a little too sensitive Bram and seem to see everything as an attack. It was a simple question and a simple reply could have been you didn't know about it yourself. That would have been honest and simple. On my part I only assume that the web site staff be up to date on it's features? Is this not what moderating is all about being helpful and keeping the peace?" In a position such as yours it's almost good to have a back like a duck so things roll off!

Back on topic, that must be a local problem on your end, as I have never seen any of the problems you are encountering.

It sounds like you either have a very small screen, as Bram has mentioned, or you have zoomed in a lot in the browser itself, or you are using a Windows high visibility setting.

Post your OS & its version, as well as your Browser brand & version. A screenshot would also help.

Bram wouldn't purposely detract from your user experience, so let's get your show on the road.

See Bram thinks I have a personal problem with either him or this site. Not so I actually think very highly of Bram going back to the RTR times and forums there. However I do feel things have been handled a little shaky here from time to time but is that not normal for any forum and the response to it?

Also you can attribute my initial tone to a reaction over something I encountered that that did not suit me too well happens all the time with all different types of people. Opinions are like BLANK everybody has one. It just so happens Bram has a position where he has to deal with this on a daily basis. I myself would not have lasted doing that for very long.

As far as having a long going dispute with one another to where one would reach his limitations? I don't see it? I really have never been much of a problem to Bram directly. Maybe to other forum members that a couple I do have direct problems with but that has nothing to do with Bram.

I can see he even deleted me as a FB friend?

I really don't get it?

I really don't get it?

I do and I also explained you a couple of times why that is in a private message. But if you wish to communicate personal stuff out in the open thats fine by me. Go ahead. :thumbsup:

FYI: i can't recall having a birddog on my facebook, neither do I know your name so if you are removed as a friend you are not the only one as most people I don't know get removed periodically.

I do and I also explained you a couple of times why that is in a private message. But if you wish to communicate personal stuff out in the open thats fine by me. Go ahead. :thumbsup:

FYI: i can't recall having a birddog on my facebook, neither do I know your name so if you are removed as a friend you are not the only one as most people I don't know get removed periodically.

So this discussion is done hey? We may have conversed via the PM system but you will have to excuse me if I cannot recall all of what was discussed then since my memory is not what it use to be after being concussed a number of times in my life. If there were things verbalized then that you would like to bring to my attention that I may have mentioned within those I would be more than happy to apologize in any circumstance where I may be wrong and misspoke to you.

The sponsored video has come up recently for us non-premiumers, and it has ruined conversations. There is now one between every reply in the conversations. This kind of advertising puts me off the product more than wanting to use it, so it is annoying for no reason. Can it go away please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%