rF2 Formula2 @ Malaysia - Sunday January 6th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I hope WIlliam Gueze uses virtual mirrors. Had a bad qualy, but my pace was not that bad. Had a good start. I think i took 6 positions or so from 18th and after the first two corners we were 3 cars wide and William hit me, surely not on purpose but still sad..

Sorry Fred... didn't see you in the mirrors, and no I don't use those virtual ones, don't want that stuff hovering around in my screen.. And obviously not on purpose, still sucks...

And to think I reinstalled my pc for this race...

Yeah no problem mate, but with the open wheelers you really should use the virtual mirrors at least for the start, because I looked your replay and you could just see me for 3 seconds after the corner after that I was in the huge blind spot.

I won't.

So you were visible then, I was probably too taken up by the guy in front of me, and to get alongside him, to notice... nice.. not the first time eagerness bites me in the freaking ass, and others...

Thanks guys, it was a good evenning of racing.

Qualy : P3, two mistakes in the lap, wasn't happy with the laptime but the position was ok to me, as I take great start usually.

Race : Good start for me but for the guys in front too, Martin did a nice job to defend his position. I had different setup, with less grip and more speed to overtake, what I did on some guys tonight, so I had to pass him before S2 or wait until the end of the lap.
There were a contact between Martin & me, I don't know if I put him out or if he was too close or if that's just a racing incident. That cost Martin time & positions, but put some more challenge in his race. :D
After that I was chasing Dino, and passed him before T1. I knew I was faster than him in race configuration so I took the lead and started to put some space as I knew there were one very fast guys not far away.

Dino did a mistake and Axel was 2nd, but Martin with fastest laps took the spot and I was the next in his target.
As I knew I had something like 5 sec advantage I decided to not look at the gap and focus on tires & cars stuff, that was a good idea because I know I can lost my concentration.

And I did it, by thinking about Stefan. :roflmao:
He was in front, by some space and I was thinking about how & where I will have to pass him, and how I will lost to Martin.
I spun. Lost around 9/10 seconds on this one. I did another mistake like this and lost 2 places, Dino was kind enough to made his second mistake and let me pass but I had to fight Axel. I took the P2 close to the end of the race, but Martin with a 15 sec lead was out of reach.

It was nice to have more people than the last time I was here.
I did appreciate the event and want to thanks you guys & especially Stefan. :)

I feel I can fly...:roflmao:

Before the first corner I was hit on the rear and took of like a rocket, did some saltos and a double flip with a twist and landed in the kitty litter behind the first corner.

305 seconds repair.... stop and go... 5 minutes before the finish span against the walll with damage, too much for me tonight,so race over :p

Better more luck in Mid Ohio

PS guys: NO TEXT CHATTING during race or Qualy!!! Let this be a warning!

Quite a fun combination that was :)

Had a decent qualy-lap but a very bad race i which I made 2 huge mistakes to loose a ton of places.
On the first one I mistook turn 3 for the fast-right hander (silly lack of concentration) and on the 2nd one I effed up my breaking point for a slow-left hander.

The chatting during qualy and race was very bad though, hopefully that doesn't happen again on the next events.
I also have to look at disabling some stuff for better performance as I had a lot of stuttering during the race; I guess because of the bigger grid today.

I think I will ulpload my test qualy-laps from practice earlier which included a 1:45.3x; you can find it in the rd video-gallery later this night :D

thanks all for the racing and cya on future events (hopefully next week)

edit: My fastest 2 laps on this track

[medio]1254[/medio]

I expected to be further up on the grid because the car felt much better this time around, but I was 4 seconds off the pace. My race was short, so I decided to test different setups on the F2 once I retired.

My race was half a lap. I had a very good start, gaining many positions before the first corner, and staying out of the crashes the occurred on the straights. Heading through the fast corners, I saw David run wide in the fast left turn, so I tried to pass him around the outside. But he ran wide in the right hand curve and we collided. I got stuck in the gravel and blew my engine trying to get out.

Sorry for the mess i started on the start:( I got a great launch and was passing guys fast and i got greedy and kept pushing.I made to aggressive a move to the right cause i was closing on the car in front of me and this started the trouble.Especially sorry to Stephan cause he got the worst of it,tumbling through the air all the way down the strait like a gymnast on the floor exercise.I saw at least two more crashes in the first few turns.I will be much more careful next week hope others will also cause Mid Ohio could be messy unless extreme care is taken.

I feel I can fly...:roflmao:

Before the first corner I was hit on the rear and took of like a rocket, did some saltos and a double flip with a twist and landed in the kitty litter behind the first corner.

305 seconds repair.... stop and go... 5 minutes before the finish span against the walll with damage, too much for me tonight,so race over :p

Better more luck in Mid Ohio

PS guys: NO TEXT CHATTING during race or Qualy!!! Let this be a warning!
Best crash ever,just wish i hadn't started it:notworthy: Never noticed it during the race but on watching the replay you flew right over my head:roflmao: I give it a perfect 10:D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%