Formula W Starts This Weekend - Coulthard and Kravitz on Presentation Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn this has all the woke there could possibly be splattered all over it. its now fascinating imo.

I foresee future trans gender issues lol so im putting my money on either of these two to win.
" I`m a Lady....."
jWcEoVr.jpg

but maybe I do like the idea of each team having 1M & 1F driver if such a thing "must?" happen. certainly would be a multi class event. and they are good right ?

Last edited:
I was at my Local track Mosport Park. It was a race with cars from old to modern. The race leader and winner was a female. So making a F3 series just for females is dumb. It will make racing more popular to females. And make a female seat in F1 Have more than one option. Just look at Danika Patric, Catherine Lege. They race against the big boys at can beat them.:confused::laugh::confused::cautious:

I do have a problem with Formula W: I don't think it will solve anything.

I understand what you are saying, but what has any form of motor racing ever solved?
(You might argue that it drives technological advances, but so do wars...)

For the series to establish itself, it will have to stand on its own merit; the winner's podium must eclipse the political platform. In the UK, women's football is pretty much viewed like women's athletics, newer, slightly edgier, but not really worthy of comment unless the national team wins something. (More chance of the ladies doing that than the over-paid pop-stars of the England Squad!)

So, are Codemasters going to release a Formula-W game to cash in on the pink pound (dollar) or will it be DLC for Project Cars first? My money is on something Switch based.

Rather than a women-only series, did anyone consider a MF-series, with 50% male and 50% female drivers, all in the same cars? That would be true equality, surely. If the argument is that the female drivers don't get a chance to drive, fine, give them a drive, but in a realistic environment against realistic competition, not a false series where the 'winner' will be the best but compared to what/who?
This would be horrible idea imho. And not equal at all. Equality should be about equal opportunity regardless of gender, not equal outcome based on gender. I think every race series should focus on getting the best 20 or so drivers. Naturally money distorts that number but both men and women can buy seats so that is not skewed in any way. But 50/50 split would be awful.

The issues with racing has nothing to do with gender. It is all about money. Men and women alike find it difficult to make the jump from karts to single seaters for that reason only. And one only needs to look at women at f3 and gp3 and see it is actually easier for women to get ahead than men. We have calderon who is a solid rear end finisher in f1 getting to drive f1 cars, carmen jorda found herself test driver job at lotus f1, suzi wulff drove in practice sessions despite absolutely awful racing record. Women who have participated in f3 and gp3 have better or about the same chance at getting into f1 than men who have won the series.

Ok, I must find a way to watch it in streaming at least, since Italy doesn't broadcast it live.
I didn't check it yet, but for the live streaming have I to sign up to the Media Centre page?

Forza Vicky! :D

If it gets women to watch it can only be a good thing for racing in general. Wish them all, and the series success.

The real question we should be asking is "are we going to have grid guys like we once did in Monaco?" And a bonus question should be "are we going to have Vettel as a guest-commentator wondering what's the point in lining up on the grid behind George or Dave?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%