Formula W: A New Series for Female Racers Announced.

Michèle Mouton, yes I have actually, great rally driver.I never said they weren't there, but theres something thats different. They have the drive to do it, just maybe not that ten tenths adrenaline "Red Mist" as much as male drivers have, and yes I'm sure it sounds sexist, but as I said thats not my intent at all.

Just curious on what expertise you are basing this assessment? I am curious since the empirical evidence suggests otherwise. So far, women have not been competitive at the highest level, to me strongly suggesting either some sort of physical disadvantage at least at that highest level, or (to others maybe) a grand patriarchal conspiracy.

Not a conspiracy, just a lack of interest by women in motorsport. That is changing now and I welcome it. The top cars are not as physical to drive as they were before.

Anyone who has an issue with a woman competing at an equal level to a man in the sport has their own problems.

Sure, women may get preferential treatment initially for PR purposes, but if they are no good, they will be dropped.

The times they are a-changing!

I'm sure any female racer with the slightest bit of self-respect would shun such a pandering, sexist and downright abominable idea such as this. Simply the worst kind of leftist joke possible in the name of diversity.

Not to mention a boot in the bags for any male or female that ever had to scrape together the funding for their own drive to get anywhere.

Simply the worst kind of leftist joke possible in the name of diversity..

Leftist?

Left wing liberal thinking is progressive, equality across the board, no matter what gender, etc. etc. etc.

This is pure right wing, put them back in their box, old school conservatism.

Theres some talent out there for sure, and I for one would like to watch the series and how it comes along.
I'm sure this will make me sound like I'm biased, and to all the ladies out there it is not my intent, but I'm just not sure If there is something missing or a difference that women lack to make it all the way to the top, and I'm talking both men and women racing together. When it comes to split second decisions, I just think womens thought processes are slightly different, maybe thats the difference.
Do I think there are fast women racers out there, yes I sure do, but are they at the same level as men in the top tiers, of that I'm not so sure.
Men and women think differently about a lot of things, and that very difference may just be the difference. Then again maybe I'm just full of it too !
People already mentioned Mouton et co. but I seriously advise everyone who thinks like this to google the name Ana Carrasco too!

rofl you cant be serious :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I am deadly serious. Don't you understand the difference? This is a separate series for women only? In what way possible is that left-wing? When is liberalism ever about separation?

Answer: never.

If it was 'there must be three female drivers in F1', that would be diversity.

I am staggered you don't understand that.

I am deadly serious. Don't you understand the difference? This is a separate series for women only? In what way possible is that left-wing? When is liberalism ever about separation?

Answer: never.
liberalism is always about separation, rich x poor, blacks x whites, men x women
We right wingers believe women should keep competing against men in things like racing where you are controlling a machine. It's the left that want things like quotas
It's mentally ill people of the left that want this stuff https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...only-esports-car-racing-competition-announced
(Now we know why GTR3 wont be a sim I guess)

Haha what....this is ****ing bullshit. I understand that some people want more female racers but a extra series ONLY for women is just stupid. If the want to achieve something after competing in this series the will anyway drive agains men and no one will care about the ones that will fail in this female series. So if they already try to seperate men from women in racing (dont understand why, do they think women arent fast enough to compete in F3 or something like that?) the drivers that win the championship there will get promoted to other series and drive against men.

If its not possible for a man to participate (it sounds like that to me) it simply promotes gender seperation. (remember that in our times governments enforce laws to prevent it)

If you argue this series meant to give young women a chance, then here's the counter-argument: it should be about race ability and talent. Never about belonging to gender or race (or the billionaires club, lol) .

No better way to discriminate and nourish prejudices than creating a womens series. Seperation is not Integration.

On the positive side, the Tatuus is a nice chassis and if we get a future champion from this program, then sure, why not.

There is something I don't understand with those who are against it: do you have the same problem with other female sports series? There are many sports, including olympic sports, where men and women could alledgedly compete on equal terms and yet men and women have different series. For example shooting or horse riding. So what is the issue about women racing?

If its not possible for a man to participate (it sounds like that to me) it simply promotes gender seperation. (remember that in our times governments enforce laws to prevent it)

If you argue this series meant to give young women a chance, then here's the counter-argument: it should be about race ability and talent. Never about belonging to gender or race (or the billionaires club, lol) .

No better way to discriminate and nourish prejudices than creating a womens series. Seperation is not Integration.

On the positive side, the Tatuus is a nice chassis and if we get a future champion from this program, then sure, why not.
It's just a matter of time till a dude that feels like a woman get in there ;)
A volleyball player did it here, which is ridiculous because in that sport the physical differene counts a lot, he played all his life as male, developed all his muscle there and when adult went to the female team, I feel sorry for the girls having to defend his attacks :sick:

Leftist?

Left wing liberal thinking is progressive, equality across the board.

...then why the hell have a female-only championship? Kinda defeating your own point there.

I'm all for women in motorsport, absolutely. On merit. Up through the ranks same as the men. No free rides. You make the grade amongst the rest of them or you GTFO. Anything else is simply pandering to pathetic modern agendas.

I'm curious to see the results of this actually because you'll basically put the girls there to race in a bubble... what happens when they get a test/seat in a big series?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%