Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Slap me if i'm wrong but as far as i know, this and the skippy are cars that are purposely hard to drive irl to punish mistakes and force smooth inputs + weight management.

The idea of what you're saying isn't wrong but with the Vee I don't believe it was made to be hard to drive but rather that it has the horrible vw beetle suspension and it just happens to be hard. I do believe the skippy was meant to be that way though. Gotta love these types of cars!

The idea of what you're saying isn't wrong but with the Vee I don't believe it was made to be hard to drive but rather that it has the horrible vw beetle suspension and it just happens to be hard. I do believe the skippy was meant to be that way though. Gotta love these types of cars!
Sounds plausible, one could argue that they'd slam some slicks and spoilers on it if it wasn't meant to be hard to drive, but then again it's an entry level series and that would push the costs up.
I'm happy it has that crappy suspension and thin tires, if the end result is buckets of fun :).

I'm limited by reaction times that can be measured in seconds

Of course this is just going to add more challenge for you, but it reminded me of what I read yesterday in one of Carroll Smith's books regarding reflexes.

"The racing driver's reflexes seem abnormal because, like all athletes, they have been trained and conditioned. The truth of the reflex bit is that the successful racing driver does not react to what the car does- he anticipates what the car is going to do and makes the car do what he wants it to do. The driver's speed comes from anticipation. Reflexes are what saves his life when the anticipation (or the car) fails." -Carroll Smith

I just thought I would share as I just read it and it relates. So in your case if you have a slower reaction than some of us it may be even more important to have good anticipation.

I hope someone else finds this interesting, and so far even though I'm in the beginning I think I could recommend his books to others.

Just a reminder for everyone on track re-entry. We are all here for fun and these are: no points, no pressure events. But we do need to take into consideration where the other drivers are on the track when re-entering.
Here is the rule from our Racing rules:

Events at RaceDepartment.com are governed by our Licensed Membership Agreement. The following rules are part of that agreement:

If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.

Thanks guys,:)

Great stuff!

After qualifying in 2nd position just 5 thousands behind P1, I managed to steer clear of first lap incidents and scored my first GSCE win :)
Race #2 was a bit more difficult with the reversed grid but that catered for great battles with Alex and others, nice stuff!

There's some really good racing going on at this track!

Until Craig popped his quali lap up we were all in a fairly close range of times.

On the grid for R1 and I had no FFB, driving went well for a while and all of a sudden I had a car that was snapping on me and scarrrry! A hit on a wall put me out.

R2, so much better seen though I totally blew the start. No lights to see and not clued in to the sound system yet so sorry for being in the way on the grid.But I ended up racing, sometimes wevy closely with others for all of the race, can't beat that at all!

Cheers to all that made these races :) see you again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%