Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

:O_o: Seriously?

I've never seen anyone ever slowing down, or mentioning slowing down, for yellow flags in a racing sim, unless the person is actually on the road, or at least on the outer kerb - at which time you do it out of necessity. So, could you please elaborate what exactly is expected of us under yellow flags, and indeed how it gets monitored?

This wasn't even required in FSR, so it's an interesting concept, of which I would like to hear more.
Well, we can discuss the merits and disadvantages another time but as it stands, these are the RD rules:
  • Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.
This includes yellow flags. There are two main points here - first off, there are so many accidents made worse because people don't slow down when there is an incident ahead, and they plow in at full speed turning someone's spin into a pile up. If there is an incident ahead, slow down.

The second point is that if I, for example, slow down for an incident, the guy behind me shouldn't take advantage and overtake. We treat flags in races like they are in real life - and in real life yellows mean slow down and no overtaking.

Okay a few things.

@Mark Breslin
@Dewald Nel @Andy Jackson the debate about assists is moot; low assists already are available. This means both sides of the "debate" should be reasonably happy - it is in line with the club spirit of letting everyone race from all skill levels, and yet it is also an option so the better drivers don't need to use them. Happy people in both camps.

Low Stabality is never allowed as far as I recall. I really think that one is the one that new comers would rather have to be honest. But hey, nevermind. It was just an idea.

Lets move along. And I agree, racing clean with manners is what matters most.

What a track.!!:D Not exactly an ideal track to jump straight on without practice..........but still a fun, demanding track!:thumbsup:
Race 1, after qualifying mid pack with limited practice was satisfying. Even more so, moving through the field after a few laps due to cars visiting the grass/barriers etc.:p. Then disaster...... turned in to soon for a slow left hander, clipped the curb which sent me onto 2 wheels and into the barrier!:cry: Returning to track at the back and with my steering at 10 deg. off centre proved.....err....challenging.:O_o: Still; the track allowed for fun racing when I managed to catch and pass a few cars until coming up against an impassable @Sven-Arne Andersson for a good few laps until he decided to do an impression of Valentino Rossi hitting the same curb and going on 2 wheels for an age.!! :roflmao: (I didn't laugh....honest.!;)).
Race 2......What a difference driving the same track in the opposite direction makes.!!!:confused:
This was the best race of the 2, as from the green lights I found myself behind Sven again. Only this time no mistakes were made, and for the whole race Sven managed to stay ahead with some impressive driving.! The gap between us for the whole race was only between 0.1 - 0.5 secs. Having more wing on (I believe) only allowed me to stick to his rear bumper. Trying to dive out of the slip stream at the braking point(s) proved just too hard with Sven being able to match me. Great fun!:thumbsup:
Grats to podium!:)

That's right Dewald. Every club race I have entered never has low stability allowed for example. And to me, that would help them (and me, and I don't mind admitting it) to get the most out of their racing in quite a few of our race club sim races.

I was just trying to make it easier for newcomers to race without sliding off and spinning etc in order that they could enjoy the racing, learn racecraft and ettiquette but it seems that some must think that it would gain them an advantage some how. Rest easy aliens..
I'll bow out now and I think I'll stick to offline race simming. Was just trying to help that's all.

All the best
Andy

That's right Dewald. Every club race I have entered never has low stability allowed for example. And to me, that would help them (and me, and I don't mind admitting it) to get the most out of their racing in quite a few of our race club sim races.

I was just trying to make it easier for newcomers to race without sliding off and spinning etc in order that they could enjoy the racing, learn racecraft and ettiquette but it seems that some must think that it would gain them an advantage some how. Rest easy aliens..
I'll bow out now and I think I'll stick to offline race simming. Was just trying to help that's all.

All the best
Andy
I have no problem putting low stability on as an option for the club. I'll start making it available.

Didn't expect much from this, but it turns out the track is quite a joy to drive and quite technical -need to get those corner entries just right and manage the off throttle oversteer of the mini.
Was a bit disappointed I got beaten in both races, since I had the pace to win, but the Steg was just a tiny bit more consistent, skilled and managed to win both races. Both were exciting and an intense bumper to bumper action to the end. Looking forward to future events at this track.

I was just about to post how i hate you all for not showing up to a great event without signing out when i realized it is Tuesday and i'm on the wrong server :redface::D:roflmao:.
See y'all tomorrow, i'm off slamming my head against the nearest wall.

y6XTDk4.jpg

Race 1
Practice:
19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:10 GMT
Warm up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 1: 19:25 GMT (20 mins)

Race 2
Practice:
19:50 GMT
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT
Warm up: 20:10 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 2 : 20:15 GMT (20 mins)

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up. Please tag me @@Andrew James so I don't miss your sign up.

Server Password: click here
Racing Rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and the person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Low assists available.

Remember to fix a button for the push to pass speed boost which can be used a number of times in the race. Once pressed and used it has a period of time before it can be used again.

Example of track limits for a track.

Priority Access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event. Premium members please sign up at least 24 hours in advance to be given priority; I won't kick a non-premium member off the list if your sign up is very late.

1. Andrew James
  2. Paul Bennett
  3. Jason Skyring
  4. Guus Verver
  5. Marc Cabana
  6. Jeff Lasecki
  7. Sven-Arne Andersson
  8. Paul Hurlow
  9. Manuel Palacios
  10. Fabio Rodrigues
  11. Julian Dietz
  12. Joao Fernandes
  13. Alberto Casado
  14. Luis Artiles
  15. Oliver Garcia
  16. Franklin Stegink
  17. Anestis Genidounias
  18. Jan Mikuž
  19. Theo van den Brink
  20. Jyri Kettunen
  21. Tuomas Lankinen
  22. Dewald Nel
  23. Yuri Kasdorp
  24. Warren Schembri
  25. Bela Valko
  26. Srinath Sundareswaran
Reserves
  1. Jörn Horbelt

Last edited:
t6J3Nry.jpg

Mod: Download

Race 1
Practice:
19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:10 GMT
Warm up: 19:20 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 1: 19:25 GMT (20 mins)

Race 2
Practice:
19:50 GMT
Qualifying: 20:00 GMT
Warm up: 20:10 GMT (3 minutes)
Race 2 : 20:15 GMT (20 mins)

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up. Please tag me @@Andrew James so I don't miss your sign up.

Server Password: click here
Racing Rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and the person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Low assists available.

Priority Access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event. Premium members please sign up at least 24 hours in advance to be given priority; I won't kick a non-premium member off the list if your sign up is very late.

1. Andrew James
  2. Yuri Kasdorp
  3. Sven-Arne Andersson
  4. Juan Carlos Garcia
  5. Patrick Giranthon
  6. Jan Mikuž
  7. Gundars Brigis
  8. Mickael Forestier (Race 2)
  9. Jerome Thellier
  10. Julian Dietz
  11. Norman Bruce
  12. David Cordell
  13. Loic Barbe
  14. Christophe Mathys
  15. Wa Waaouu
  16. Oliver Garcia
  17. Luis Artiles
  18. Tuomas Lankinen
  19. Allan Groth
  20. Srinath Sundareswaran
  21. Andres Redondo
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver

Last edited:
ttPpitM.jpg

Practice: 19:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:15 GMT
Warm up: 19:30 GMT
Race: 19:35 GMT - 60 Minutes - Mandatory minimum 1 pit stop to change at least 2 tires!

You can join for any number of races, or join in for just a single race. Please indicate which races you'll attend when you sign up.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Low assists available.

Priority Access

1. Andrew James
  2. Wedsley Dias
  3. Dean Solomon
  4. Jason Skyring
  5. Sven-Arne Andersson
  6. Tal Segal
  7. Mark Breslin
  8. Yuri Kasdorp
  9. Alberto Casado
  10. Enzo Fazzi
  11. Franklin Stegink
  12. Jan Mikuž