rF2 Formula Vee @ Seven Hills - Friday 10th June, 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had fun, but it could have been better if I could repeat my practice times in the race.

Race 1 I came home 5th after many off road adventures, beating Evan to the line by 2/100ths

Race 2 I had some nice racing with Jack until I tried too hard on the 2nd-to-last corner and destroy the front of the car.

These cars are superb...Friday nights are so much fun with these, the Catss and the FFords :thumb:

I was the one who bumped you at the start. I tried to get out around you but I didn't quite make it. Sorry. At the time it didn't seem to be very violent but did it ruin you car? If so, my apologies for messng up your race. We all know how that feels.

As for the races, I love the cockpit view and the driving experience it gives. I was able to achieve better than my normal times on this track as compared to the other drivers. I took a pitstop in race 1 which turned into a nightmare. When trying to exit the car semed to bottom out and wouldn't move forward even with the pedal to the floor. Tim noticed that I was in there for 5 laps. Wow, got to figure that one out.

All in all great fun, can't wait to drive the Bobsy again. Thanks to Stu for the events, wd to podium people, and cheers to to drivers.

As I said, nothing against you :)

You had nowhere to go anyway so... I think it's just me and my über bad luck... Forgot to put the H-Shifter back to neutral for the start I think... Which made the car stall and then it wouldn't fire up again... Anyway :p

And yes, the cockpit view is awasome, especially with the right FOV ;)

I use 35 for my single monitor and I upped the view a little so it doesn't look down (Orientation thing in the Cam File, Default = -0.03000, Mine = 0,02800)

And my point of view is just amazing... I see all the tachs like I would really be sitting in the car and that my G27 was the In-Game wheel :p

Tricky track to learn with these cars last night, in race one i was sitting in 3rd behind Thommo & Norman, when Norman gets out of shape at the fast downhill right-hander. I follow suit in avoidance and orang the front-end into the barrier. Mirror, signal, manouevre and i'm away after having to drive the wrong direction to get out of the way. WIth the steering now at 30 degrees to the right, i was tempted to head for the pits, but decided to keep going and drive round the problem. It actually wasn;t too bad through left-handers and on the straight bits, but right turns required more than just a 'dab of oppo'. Lucked into 3rd by the end.

Race 2 was a much more enjoyable race as i basically followed Steven round for the enitre distance, getting very close on a couple of occasions but never getting a good enough run. Fluffed the 2nd last turn when a photo finish was on the cards. Well done |Steven, good racing there!

Thanks Thommo/fellow racers, & RD of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years