rF2 Formula Vee @ Guapore - Thu 04 Mar 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had race with the Vee at Ibarra and it was different. I don't know if it was the track with the slopes but it was very enjoyable.

In this track if you steer a little bit you start to spin or lose control very easily. I don't know if I have a mess with the setup but I feel it slow and sloppy without control.

ps: I think this post can help: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-drive-the-formula-vee.94341/

Last edited:
Yep, I agree with most of that. The point about braking in a straight line is the main one. Make sure you get most of the speed scrubbed off before you turn in. As you turn the wheel, release the brakes smoothly. You can trail brake a bit, but I find it better to keep a touch of gas on after you select 3rd gear and keep that gas input steady as you modulate a tiny bit of left foot braking. Works for me.

Release the brake super gentle and smooth at apex and apply the gas in the same way. Get the car almost in a straight line before you hit full throttle and don't let the rear step out.

This car encourages using correct technique in a similar way to the skippy. I'd actually quite like to run the Vee and the skippy (and poss a vintage Formula Ford if the car is any good) on alternate Tuesdays if there was any interest.

I'm down with the Skippies. I'm going to pass on these merely because I'm a cheap-*ss and am waiting for the next sale. Have fun.
Was just on the server. Paul was really flying.

I was amazed by the amount of time there was to be gained by just practicing. Paul was still quicker, but my best time came down by ~ 4 seconds. These cars are a lot of fun. Shame that sign ups are so low. I hope people don't complain that I'm not trying to offer variety. :roflmao:

On that note, I think I'm gonna try the stock car resurrection cars at Monza '66 next week. @Yves Larose there is even an AMC. TBF though, I seem to remember that all these cars use the same physics? Correct me if I'm wrong though. :)

.. These cars are a lot of fun. Shame that sign ups are so low. I hope people don't complain that I'm not trying to offer variety. :roflmao:...
No complaint here.. I briefly tested the car and I can see it becoming an entertaining handful with some practice.:)

Unfortunately, once again I will not make it. :(
This time, one of my co-workers has decided to get married tomorrow, despite the pending lockdown and our curfew kicking in at 21:00.
Not sure what to expect, but it might be some kind of drive-by party:O_o: as we all had to book an arrival time slot in advance.
Things might get interesting, as the only open time slot left for me was between 20:30 and 20:45, and the wedding venue is a half an hour's drive from my house.
Since I am not allowed to be outside between 21:00 and 04:30 thanks to our curfew, it doesn't take a genius to figure out I might be in for a hefty fine if I get caught on my way home...:confused:

Nevermind though, you gents have fun! I'll just try joining again next week:D

I was amazed by the amount of time there was to be gained by just practicing. Paul was still quicker, but my best time came down by ~ 4 seconds.
In the end there was very little between our times. I remember the first 30min I did in these I was shaking my head wondering how I was even going to get below the 1:30's. Great combination of fun and hard work.....It was 12 deg C in my room yesterday and I still had to have my fan going I was sweating so much. :D

Right, I can only agree with all that has been said about driving these but one thing has been overlooked...........racing. Setting lap times in isolation is one thing going to wheel to wheel is something else. Now I've only 'raced' against the AI but boy try getting and staying past.

Hopefully the lines the AI can take and the speed they carry is not indicative of real drivers, as was the case last week with 2002Tii. It is so tricky adjusting your line to react to wayward AI, close driving will be entertaining...........

........I'm in Denis, cheers, I really like these cars.

@Denis Betty put me as a maybe please, i will let you know tomorrow if i can race or not ;)
You got it Yves. :)
Right, I can only agree with all that has been said about driving these but one thing has been overlooked...........racing. Setting lap times in isolation is one thing going to wheel to wheel is something else. Now I've only 'raced' against the AI but boy try getting and staying past.

Hopefully the lines the AI can take and the speed they carry is not indicative of real drivers, as was the case last week with 2002Tii. It is so tricky adjusting your line to react to wayward AI, close driving will be entertaining...........

........I'm in Denis, cheers, I really like these cars.
Yes, I thought I'd posted about the difficulty of driving close to other cars. Can't find it though, so I must've changed my mind. :roflmao:
If you're really close behind another car, with reduced visibility or have to change line or speed.... well if you're driving this car on the limit, and take avoiding action, you're gonna spin.

Perhaps better to hang back a half second or so and either wait for a mistake or try to get better drive out of a corner. Plan an overtake and set it up? It's gonna be interesting, but with so few drivers I think we'll live to tell the tail. :D

Anyway, it's always fun to race with you guys. See you tonight. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing