Cars Formula Vector

Status
Not open for further replies.
In addition to the normal ERS mode, there could be a charging mode (No hybrid power, for charging the batteries) and a hotlap mode (Where the car has full power all the time)

Last edited:
I would disagree. Imo one great feature of this car is that the ERS works automatically and you don't have to manually use it at all. For one thing, us peasants who don't have high-end steering wheels are kinda struggling to find buttons for such things, and for me driving a crazy fast car like this is challenge enough without having to constantly fiddle with ERS, manually using DRS is plenty enough.

Last edited:
I would disagree. Imo one great feature of this car is that the ERS works automatically and you don't have to manually use it at all. For one thing, us peasants who don't have high-end steering wheels are kinda struggling to find buttons for such things, and for me driving a crazy fast car like this is challenge enough without having to constantly fiddle with ERS, manually using DRS is plenty enough.
Yea exactly my thinking. On the popular formula mods that have ers you have to use ers manually in order to stay competetive in leagues, which always kept me away from driving them with other people

Amazing work! I loved it. I think this is my favorite one until now. I enjoyed it a lot on today's stream.

The only thing I would change is the window tint in the cockpit, It would be nice if we could disable or reduce it via a setting in the setup.

Thanks a lot for the work you put on these cars.

Last edited:
Amazing work! I loved it. I think this is my favorite one until now. I enjoyed it a lot on today's stream.

The only thing I would change is the window tint in the cockpit, It would be nice if we could disable or reduce it via a setting in the setup.

Thanks a lot for the work you put on these cars.
Yea thats been requested often now. Definetely will change that with next update :thumbsup: Glad you had fun with it

This looks awesome, and I'm about to install it and try it out.

I read your statement about getting support, and becoming known in the community. My recommendation is to join AC modding forums and Discord channels. Exchange information, help others, and share a few quality mods that stand out, maybe 8-12 (as you've already started). That would help you establish a "name" and reputation in the community, it might take 8-12 months or more, but when the time is right, you can set up a pay site or Patreon with monthly membership payments to get access to special mods or advanced releases. Also, create update videos on a Youtube channel and release WIP images, but don't "tease" the community (read more below).

I've seen a few modders either go straight to "pay mods," with virtually no reputation and/or are very inexperienced at modding, or "tease" a mod by only showing photos and video of it, and require some unattainable goal before it's released, like a Youtube channel subscriber number goal, or a certain number of people sign up at their Web site, or join a Patreon. They never reach their goal because they aren't "known" in the community, and nobody cares because they know nothing about their modding work. Another modder occasionally shows up in forums asking for help from community members, then turns around and puts his mods behind a pay wall. He shouldn't be surprised that a few weeks later, someone else in the community releases a better-quality mod at no charge.

In your case, I know you've released two other awesome mods, so I know this will be excellent. You already have somewhat of a reputation for excellent mods. Just put your time into participating in the community, and let fellow members of the forum or Discord channel know who you are (but don't "spam" the group), and your popularity will grow even more.

Just some ideas to think about and try, and good luck with your future progress and work. I can't wait to try this in VR!
ehm, you are aware that this forum is an AC modding forum? And especially one that values @jakoman3 's approach of scratch made? He's at the right address already.

ehm, you are aware that this forum is an AC modding forum? And especially one that values @jakoman3 's approach of scratch made? He's at the right address already.

According to what @jakoman3 (JH) wrote, after only posting his mods here (from what I can see), only 21 people appreciated him enough to contribute something to support him for his work (which he is grateful for). I am a member of several forums and Discord channels, and most of the members of those groups are very supportive and share a lot of information, updates, and mods. They take notice when someone produces excellent mods, are active in the community, and these groups are generally supportive if they begin to need compensation for their work. JH produces mods that are the level of RSS, URD, VRC, etc. They established themselves by offering free, quality mods, and support and updates as they began to release pay mods. JH has an advantage as he also offers quality mods that are original and unique.

@jakoman3 needs to take every opportunity to promote his work, such as participating in more groups, setting up a Youtube channel (share it and include in his signatures) to preview and announce mod releases, and he needs to include URL tags in his mod descriptions that link to a page or Web site, Patreon, and/or Paypal, that offer a way to make a donation or contribution, and promote pay mods if he eventually begins to release those. I think he actually has a fourth mod, the Formula Rapide, that I didn't even know he had released.

Last edited:
According to what @jakoman3 (JH) wrote, after only posting his mods here (from what I can see), only 21 people appreciated him enough to contribute something to support him for his work (which he is grateful for). I am a member of several forums and Discord channels, and most of the members of those groups are very supportive and share a lot of information, updates, and mods. They take notice when someone produces excellent mods, are active in the community, and these groups are generally supportive if they begin to need compensation for their work. JH produces mods that are the level of RSS, URD, VRC, etc. They established themselves by offering free, quality mods, and support and updates as they began to release pay mods. JH has an advantage as he also offers quality mods that are original and unique.

@jakoman3 needs to take every opportunity to promote his work, such as participating in more groups, setting up a Youtube channel (share it and include in his signatures) to preview and announce mod releases, and he needs to include URL tags in his mod descriptions that link to a page or Web site, Patreon, and/or Paypal, that offer a way to make a donation or contribution, and promote pay mods if he eventually begins to release those. I think he actually has a fourth mod, the Formula Rapide, that I didn't even know he had released.
Thank you for the kind words. I would for sure hang arround in more communitys and do youtube content if i would have the time for that. I was actually looking to make a little cinematic trailer and stuff like that. I think for now im on a decent path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%