Cars Formula Vector

Status
Not open for further replies.
jakoman3 submitted a new resource:

Formula Vector - Concept Grand Prix Open Wheeler

Please read this text before proceeding

I would like to let you know that i took down my donation site. 21 People supported me which im very thankful for, but i also need to change my strategy because this way i can't sustain this for long. I do not have the means to sell my content for money either. Instead i would suggest you to support me in a different way. It would greatly help me if more people would get to know me and what i...

Read more about this resource...

This looks awesome, and I'm about to install it and try it out.

I read your statement about getting support, and becoming known in the community. My recommendation is to join AC modding forums and Discord channels. Exchange information, help others, and share a few quality mods that stand out, maybe 8-12 (as you've already started). That would help you establish a "name" and reputation in the community, it might take 8-12 months or more, but when the time is right, you can set up a pay site or Patreon with monthly membership payments to get access to special mods or advanced releases. Also, create update videos on a Youtube channel and release WIP images, but don't "tease" the community (read more below).

I've seen a few modders either go straight to "pay mods," with virtually no reputation and/or are very inexperienced at modding, or "tease" a mod by only showing photos and video of it, and require some unattainable goal before it's released, like a Youtube channel subscriber number goal, or a certain number of people sign up at their Web site, or join a Patreon. They never reach their goal because they aren't "known" in the community, and nobody cares because they know nothing about their modding work. Another modder occasionally shows up in forums asking for help from community members, then turns around and puts his mods behind a pay wall. He shouldn't be surprised that a few weeks later, someone else in the community releases a better-quality mod at no charge.

In your case, I know you've released two other awesome mods, so I know this will be excellent. You already have somewhat of a reputation for excellent mods. Just put your time into participating in the community, and let fellow members of the forum or Discord channel know who you are (but don't "spam" the group), and your popularity will grow even more.

Just some ideas to think about and try, and good luck with your future progress and work. I can't wait to try this in VR!

Last edited:
This is pretty cool car, really interesting design and a blast to drive.

Personally one feature I dislike is how the tinted windshield makes everything look dark. Could you maybe change it so that it appears tinted on the outside but is clear from the inside? At least an an option.

Last edited:
This is pretty cool car, really interesting design and a blast to drive.

Personally one feature I dislike is how the tinted windshield makes everything look dark. Could you maybe change it so that it appears tinted on the outside but is clear from the inside? At least an an option.

btw I made a Ferrari skin for this car. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/scuderia-ferrari-skins-for-formula-vector.40946/ It's just not right that no one has made skins for this car yet when it's been on RD for like 4 hours :roflmao:
Yea i can make it a little less dark with next update :thumbsup: Sweet Ferrari skin :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back