Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Do I have to create a category somewhere
Try starting the game with "GSC.exe trace=3", that will create a logfile in UserData/ and tell you why a car got rejected.

Also the official Reiza cars are somewhat a special in that some of their files are not made available to the user, but build into the .exe, so changing the toplevel folder might not work at all. Editing the category should however work, the category doesn't have to be created, just having it in the.veh should be enough.

Try starting the game with "GSC.exe trace=3", that will create a logfile in UserData/ and tell you why a car got rejected.

Also the official Reiza cars are somewhat a special in that some of their files are not made available to the user, but build into the .exe, so changing the toplevel folder might not work at all. Editing the category should however work, the category doesn't have to be created, just having it in the.veh should be enough.
mmmm, i'm lost, tried all, I think I will just leave it alone till the f1 2014 updates are available from Reiza

Skarr submitted a new resource:

VFR F1 2014 (Formula 1 2014)- Conversion for GSCE - Formula 1 2014 cars, drivers and new rules! FOR Game Stock Car

I made a conversion from this mod contains all the F1 2014 car and drivers, the mod was originally made for rFactor by http://virtuel-franceracing.com/ , I (Skarr) just converted it with the "rfactortools" posted by Grumbel on the forum a few days ago.

-THIS MOD STILL HAS 7 GEARS, ALSO NO DRS =(, but rest all fits to F1 2014 regulations.

To install just extract the "GameData" folder to your GSCE directory.

CREDITS:...

Read more about this resource...

Hey is there any way to use this mod with GSC Extreme? Works with GSC 2013 for me but not with GSC Extreme. Help.. Pls
People have it working just fine with 1.15. Personally I created a new install before it became GSCE, added the mod, and then used the sync tool to update. Are you following the instructions in this thread?

I am totally new to pc sims/gaming. I just started playing GSC and DTM yesterday. So I don't have the first idea about how to add/install a mod to GSC.

Can anyone give me an idiot's guide to how to install a mod (this Blancpain mod)?

I've downloaded the file. What do I do next? (Also, is there any risk involved? Like corrupting data, or something like that).

Any help will be much appreciated.

I am totally new to pc sims/gaming. I just started playing GSC and DTM yesterday. So I don't have the first idea about how to add/install a mod to GSC.

Can anyone give me an idiot's guide to how to install a mod (this Blancpain mod)?

I've downloaded the file. What do I do next? (Also, is there any risk involved? Like corrupting data, or something like that).

Any help will be much appreciated.
You'll find them HERE , post #41 of this thread.
There's also help for the FFB settings HERE, posts #126 & #133

You'll find them HERE , post #41 of this thread.
There's also help for the FFB settings HERE, posts #126 & #133
Thanks a lot for that, Tim. Great! It's a massive help.

Rupe Wilson explains "You need a clean install of the sim GSC2013 a second install is best".

Do you know what a "clean install" is?

He also says "a second install is best" implying it's not absolutely necessary. Is that in case there's some problem in the mod install process leading to the entire GSC game install getting messed up? So that you've got a back up? If the whole thing got messed up, you could just re-install after the mess up, no?

You can copy and paste your existing install and rename it. A clean install is taking the install files and running through the install process again from scratch. The point being it's best not to install this mod in the same GSC install you use for everything else, but have a separate one dedicated to the mod.

vyjHJQP.png

So, on my computer I have 2 installs, and run each version from a different shortcut.

Last edited:
You can copy and paste your existing install and rename it. A clean install is taking the install files and running through the install process again from scratch. The point being it's best not to install this mod in the same GSC install you use for everything else, but have a separate one dedicated to the mod.

vyjHJQP.png

So, on my computer I have 2 installs, and run each version from a different shortcut.
Thanks for this explanation. I didn't realise you could just copy n paste an installed program, I thought I'd have to go thru the entire install process with serial number, loading bars etc.
What do you do with other mods, like new tracks, cars? Where do you put those?

Thanks for this explanation. I didn't realise you could just copy n paste an installed program, I thought I'd have to go thru the entire install process with serial number, loading bars etc.
What do you do with other mods, like new tracks, cars? Where do you put those?
I usually add them to my default install (I keep the blancpain mod one solely for that) though I've not found many good mods yet (I have several still to test). The Camaro 1968s are worth adding for sure.

If I want to race a track with the GTs, I add it to the GT install; gamedata -> locations

I think there's a way to only have to install tracks to one of the installs and tell the other to get the data from it, but I am not sure how nor have I done it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%