Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Oh it was not about the challenge. More about the cars going really slow in 1st gear (no wheelspin at all) from standstill. It has to be auto-clutch related as I can spin the wheels in other situations. Kinda hard to explain for me atm. But it´s not to bad, I don´t plan on standing still too much.
Yeah I think I know what you mean, some cars take an age to get going again if you stop. It might be auto clutch related, I've not tested it because, as you say, I try to spend most of my time going fast :D

I had some good fun, and with the guys on TeamSpeak. Had a blinding start, gained something like 6 or 7 positions on lap 1 (not just from the crashes hehe) and was doing pretty well but was struggling to settle into the groove. First time racing with the 458. Made a mistake coming out of the last corner and lost 3 positions, but gained 2 of them back with a good pit stop and getting the undercut. Finally settled into a consistent groove and maintained a good gap to Sven-Arne for the last 20 minutes, caught up to Jason and thanks to a mistake he made we had a good battle on the penultimate lap and I went 6th in the last corner, held on for the last lap. Started 17th, finished 6th, not bad considering. Either way, that was fun so thanks everyone! See you at the fantastic Road America next week!

Was happy with quali and got off to a good start, had a fantastic first few laps and found myself in second place. Not being used to running so far up the grid I put myself under pressure and started to drop back making small mistakes. It wasn't long before I dropped a wheel onto the grass and was off under braking. Settled into a reasonable rhythm after that and apart from a what seemed like an age to fix damage at pit stop the rest of the race was uneventful. I was lucky to finish in 3rd after Imre went off, I suspect with worn tyres. Great night. Thanks all :thumbsup:

Had a lot of fun again.

Lucked into the lead a bit at the start when the front 2 both slid off at the hairpin. Had big pressure from Mick for a while before he fell back, and there was some trouble behind for some of the others and suddenly I had a big lead. However the pitstop seemed to take an age and I started getting nervous. Fabrizio was catching all through the second half but the gap was enough.

Looking forward to Road America, always been one of my favourites.:)

@Andrew James Oh! What the heck. It's been a long time since I've raced any form of Open Wheel. But I just got about 50 laps of practice @ RA and started to like it all over again.

Sign me up please. Both races.

What's the worst that could happen? That I have awesome fun with you guys all over again? LOL!

Cheers,
Ken

Reactions: Nox
I truly had a blast with all of you guys. Best of all, good clean racing. And no messy pile ups in turn one on the first lap. I love it!

Started 9th and finished 5th because of some rookie mistakes I made. Otherwise, I think a podium may have been in my stars for today. LOL! But hey, any race where you can finish higher than where you started is a GOOD race.

Cheers.

Ken

Reactions: Nox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline