Stock Car Extreme Setups

Not quite understand this "It is not important to get identical inner / middle / outer temperatures. Negative camber is more important" .. I mean how much is negative is enough ??

By the way is it possible to have some kind of tuning tutorial mode in this game where player is given a somewhat bad tune car & aim to tune the car step by step like this:-

Step 1: Player must achieve a target lap time driving this bad tune car before the next step is unlock.
Step 2: Once step 1 is done thEn the tire pressure is available to adjust and a new target lap time is ON.
Step 3: Once step 2 is done then brake bias & brake pressure is now adjustable & a new target lap time in ON.
Step 4: Once step 3 is done then new setup option is adjustable & a new target lap time is ON ..... n so on to step 5 .. step 6 ... until the car is finally fine tune to beat the final lap time.

Just an idea about teaching rookie to learn about step by step setup approach & knowledge if that not too hard to make it happen.

Thanks.

Not quite understand this "It is not important to get identical inner / middle / outer temperatures. Negative camber is more important" .. I mean how much is negative is enough ??

By the way is it possible to have some kind of tuning tutorial mode in this game where player is given a somewhat bad tune car & aim to tune the car step by step like this:-

Step 1: Player must achieve a target lap time driving this bad tune car before the next step is unlock.
Step 2: Once step 1 is done thEn the tire pressure is available to adjust and a new target lap time is ON.
Step 3: Once step 2 is done then brake bias & brake pressure is now adjustable & a new target lap time in ON.
Step 4: Once step 3 is done then new setup option is adjustable & a new target lap time is ON ..... n so on to step 5 .. step 6 ... until the car is finally fine tune to beat the final lap time.

Just an idea about teaching rookie to learn about step by step setup approach & knowledge if that not too hard to make it happen.

Thanks.

Really cool idea! I think Reiza should seriously try this! I remember when I first got into sim-racing with Race 07 I had no idea what I was doing with the setups (heck, I'm still learning!) So a tutorial like that would be cool.

I think such a tutorial is the wrong way to go..not every driver has the same driving style. With such a tutorial you would force a pilot to learn a certain driving style. Pilot X can drive the car fast with Setup X, but Pilot Y may have problems with his setup. One like it more to overstear...another likes more understear...and so on.... Every driver should understand the basics of changing wings, springs, etc and then find the setup that suits most your driving style. To be fast on a hotlap is one thing, but being fast and constant is more important. If you go only for target time to find a setup, in my opinion it's the wrong way.

A tutorial mode that i suggest should work as a guide which teach people a proper way & what to look for when tuning a car to deal with understeer / oversteer / better traction / better top speed / tyre temp / reduce weight transfer n so on. A target lap time is merely a test for player to know if he/she is at least doing a right thing or not.
And if this kind of tutorial is a wrong way to go then pls suggest a better one.

A tutorial mode that i suggest should work as a guide which teach people a proper way & what to look for when tuning a car to deal with understeer / oversteer / better traction / better top speed / tyre temp / reduce weight transfer n so on. A target lap time is merely a test for player to know if he/she is at least doing a right thing or not.
And if this kind of tutorial is a wrong way to go then pls suggest a better one.

Hello, I think the basic information that you suggest are already in the first post of this topic by: @Niels_at_home / @Reiza Studios

Below is a guide developed by RD for Race07 and can be well used in GSC. Hope that is useful.
www.racedepartment.com/forum/attachments/rd-setup-guide-1-0-pdf.1638/

Cheers.

Hello, I think the basic information that you suggest are already in the first post of this topic by: @Niels_at_home / @Reiza Studios

Below is a guide developed by RD for Race07 and can be well used in GSC. Hope that is useful.
www.racedepartment.com/forum/attachments/rd-setup-guide-1-0-pdf.1638/

Cheers.
Ha first of all thanks for the response but i not talking about theory, i talking about a tutorial game mode that let the player drive & feel example how is an oversteering / understeering car feel like or how is an overstiffness front / rear bump car feel like or how is a too high front / rear tyre feel like & how to deal with all those thing in a practical way, not just in theory.
I own many setup guide & had read all of them include the one you mention but i still dont have a solid clue about how exactly is too much this or too much that .. example i always keep asking myself "Is this the signal i have too much toe in ??" "Is this the signal i have too much camber" n so on.
Talking theory about how to play an instrucment is easy but its very different if one really sit down & do it in practical if you know what i mean.
Thats why we normally have more people who can only talk than the one who can really execute thing properly :)

Why not upload your own setup that you have made yourself and ask for feedback how to improve it?

I have recently posted this AC article to the site that "I am bad at setups" is a choice. Same applies for Game Stock Car as well of course.

Just download the setup guide and start reading and learning and you'll see that you too become a setup guru in no time :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/assetto-corsa-make-car-setups/

I agree with Bram. But I think besides this, the V12 are so difficult to handle, you will learn better, what does what on slower cars.
Even the F3 is a handful for me. But tintops will be a rewarding choice.
Give it a try on tracks you like, upload them here and we can give feedback.

Hope to see you in the club races!

Key is indeed car control. Before starting to work on any setup you must be able to drive at least 10 laps in a row without making mistakes and logging identical laptimes.

Only then you can actually start working on tweaking the setup as otherwise setup changes get confused with gaining track and car knowledge.

First master the car and track, then start thinking about a setup.

You want the Car to handle right start with a decent setting for any wheel you use.
If you having issues I will guarantee If you want to find a minimum of 1 second and anything up to a max of maybe 6sec in lap times then feel right talk to me.
You DO NOT use ANY centering spring in GSC at all as the suspension physics does this for you, Turn the Damping right to and the degrees of rotation too why well it is pointless having a 900 deg wheel and NOT use it , you may as well go race console games !!

Sorry to say this but IMHO far too many people play madly with set-ups trying to make the car handle when they need to get the wheel set correctly first. and then create a control profile in GSC and ONLY then start playing with the actual setup of the car.

Maybe I can run a class of tuning and setup pitfalls at some point if there is interest, using Teamspeak and Racing on line, honestly it would be just like a driving school where you try and then understand cause and effect. you are in a better position to make changes to a car as you would know what it is actually doing, remember there are changes made that will have a primary effect and a secondary too.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.2%