Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Obviously, I know F1 raced here. F1 races in monaco too, can't say it's really fitting.
When I say fitting, I don't mean fitting for world class drivers who have done tons of laps of practice, I mean fitting for dudes who don't have much time to practice and are just on to have some fast fun. I can already see the havoc the high kerbs and slow tight chicanes will wreak on the already unstable under acceleration formula v12s. IMO, a track fits If, lets say, the track is wide enough, the walls aren't too close (more room for mistakes), and there are safe overtaking opportunities. Can't say that too much about this track. So generally, a track that is more forgiving is better in the formula class for club races. Maybe brands hatch will be more fitting (If I recall the track correctly, which I can't honestly say).

@Tal oh yes, that, absolutely I agree with, but people wanted to race these here (and then you see the sign ups are low, so I can't win). In general, yes, not only are these cars not very 'jump in and have fun' friendly, this track is also with the high kerbs as you say. Agreed!

@Nox Sign me up please :thumbsup:
I agree that the track is not very "driver friendly" regarding overtaking opportunities. But most times I think people are just not taking enough care in club races and drive the cars too hard on the edge. Yes the V12s are difficult too drive and yes the track is not easy but it´s a [Mod Edit: No swearing] load of fun ;)

cheers

Right now the regular club events are fine for me. I would rather race a little less often but with a decent sized grid than a very small grid. However, that is assuming that US events would have a low turnout and maybe that is wrong. At some point it would be nice to have races that are not just on the weekend that I can join. If down the road we could have a midweek race or two around 6-7 pm pst (9-10pm est) aka 02:00 gmt may work as it could potentially allow both the west coast and east coast racers to join. Just my 2 cents :)

Bram, that would be sweet. Ryan stated, 6-7 pm pst (9-10pm est) that would be great, people from both coasts. Mid week works for me, but I could do Fridays and Saturdays also. I am looking forward to running this SIM. I hope that more people from the US are interested. This SIM is incredible. Hope to see you on the track Ryan. Thanks Bram,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years