This is the official 15-min video of today's race at Campo Grande:

Formula Truck seems to be much better organized than Stock Car when it comes to youtube - they have their official channel, and the highlight video is well edited. If you want more stuff, do browse their channel.

WARNING: your green sensibilities *will* be offended by these trucks! They belch smoke like ironclads :D

Agree with the great coverage they provide. Driver and organizer interviews are good.
The only issue is I've got no idea what they are talking about! :laugh:
I would even be happy with just a layman talking over the top of the supplied youtube videos.
Anyone who has a vague knowledge of the sport.
Id love to be able to understand the strategies used in the races and qualifying and what the differences are between truck brands and drivers.
Same goes for the Stock Cars. But I seem to enjoy the absurdity of the trucks far more :thumbsup:

Hi
Just started playing Formula Truck.

I notice that when trucks are far ahead, in the distance, that their shadows, then their wheels, disappear. It's quite off-putting.

Is there a fix for that? (My computer's powerful enough to handle more processing.)

FTruck_2015_04_13_19_57_25_04.jpg

Hope for headlights...:D

Sounds like a common LOD (Level of Detail) behavior. I have never been bothered by it as it's almost unnoticeable - I'm guessing you have pretty huge monitor :p
Just in case: do you have every graphical setting on max?

Sounds like a common LOD (Level of Detail) behavior. I have never been bothered by it as it's almost unnoticeable - I'm guessing you have pretty huge monitor :p
Just in case: do you have every graphical setting on max?
Thanks for your reply. I have quite large monitors, yes (and I'm sat close to them too). And every graphical setting on max (i'll check this just in case I missed something). Do you know a way of changing this LOD behaviour?

Last edited:
Trucksalvador.jpg

Reiza Studios have released a new version of Formula Truck 2013 on Steam bringing the PC simulator up to version 1.25. For non-Steam users a full updated installer will be coming up soon.

Content

• Added Salvador Street Circuit
General features / Bug Fixes
  • Added option to set session start time (24h cycle);
  • Added options to switch qualifying off and manually set grid position;
  • Fixed trackside flags animation;
  • Added support for graphical steering wheel rotation adjustment from the Controller menu (min 180º max 900º);
  • Adjusted default rearview height / width;
  • Minimum vertical FOV setting adjusted from 35º to 10º (IMPORTANT - Don´t use DEFAULT option as it resets to 34 upon restarting the game - set it to 50 if you want the proper default value);
  • Executable now is set to include +fullproc by default (for better performance in modern CPUs);
  • Adjusted LOD settings for all Trucks;
  • Increased rear view mirror resolution;
  • Updated terrain shaders & textures for Cascavel, Londrina, Spielberg and Tarumã;
  • Fixed missing Sector points at Jacarepagua 2005;
  • Improved AI racing lines for Brasilia Long, Jacarepagua 2005 & Cordoba;
  • Fixed road line alpha sorting issue with 3d grass at Buenos Aires, Goiania & Spielberg.
IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • Added a default player profile (if you already have created a profile you might have to switch back to it from the PROFILE menu);
  • If field of view in-cockpit is too close, check DEFAULT Vertical FOV so it is not set to DEFAULT value (set it to 50 if you want the proper default value);
  • If you have created a new player profile and are experiencing the graphical microstutterinmg, open your USERDATA\Playername\Playername.PLR, and look for these lines:
Shadow Updates="127" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="8" // Frames between sky and light updates

Change it to:

Shadow Updates="8" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="150" // Frames between sky and light updates

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing