I can't help you much, but from what I remember, Reiza guys said that in (Formula) Trucks the 3rd gear is basically the one used at racing as the lowest, and 2nd is used only to move the car from being stationary, and 1st gear is literally non existent. Maybe it's because of that you're having your issues.

I wish I could help more.

Well having turned everything down in the display option and then turned each one up one by one it turns out to be the shadows.

Even happens on high and only stops when set to medium.

This only happens on the pit straight and only this circuit.

Don't suppose anyone would know of a file that can be tweaked for this circuit?

Probably a silly question but does anyone know what shadows I'm losing setting them to medium?

Thanks Ian.

Nox, with GSC non-steam installs there is a program called "GSC Sync.exe" in the install dir that checks your files against the latest ones and downloads as needed.

As far as I can see FTruck does not have that, though with less frequent updates I guess it has not been a priority. *shrug*

@Ian Strom yes I know, but as of the last few updates to GSC not everyone has had the sync working properly, so they released the rar files. Not perfect, no, but better than a whole 3.5GB download too. Just a thought anyway, I guess time will tell.

When doing these settings with inspector etc, do you have "let application decide" in nvidia preview setting?
Sorry for the noob question :unsure:
What would you suggest for my cards? 660ti's 2gb

When doing these settings with inspector etc, do you have "let application decide" in nvidia preview setting?
I'm pretty sure you want "Override any application setting".

I've got two 780s in sli. I use 4 x MS and 2 x sparse grid supersampling. I get very good performance with that and a nice picture. There could be more optimal settings than that though (I'm no expert).

to me, rar files look much simpler than a dedicated update program (which has to be written and tested). can't wait for the non-steam update, in whatever form it comes. :)

I'm pretty sure you want "Override any application setting".

I've got two 780s in sli. I use 4 x MS and 2 x sparse grid supersampling. I get very good performance with that and a nice picture. There could be more optimal settings than that though (I'm no expert).

Billy, for SGSSA to work properly, it has to match the MSAA factor, so if you're using 4xMSAA, you will need to use 4xSGSSA, if you don't it can cause blurring.

Thanks for the info.

I plugged the stock T500RS pedal to test again and the clutch pedal worked in 1st and 2nd gear. I plugged back FrexGP pedal and it was ok in the test. The difference was the disconnection of TH8 shifter during the test. I didn't know if it was the reason and I hoped the issue was solved.

For MSAA, in the Nvidia control panel you can either enhance the application setting IF the game supports MSAA which in this case Formula Truck does. If you select override the application setting, it doesn't matter what MSAA setting you use in game, the Nvidia control panel will override that setting. Its generally preferred if the game supports MSAA to use enhance application setting, but override will likely work just as well.

What resolution are you playing at? And how much does aliasing bother you? SGSSAA does an amazing job of cleaning up aliasing in this game and GSCE, but it does come at a performance penalty so I guess If aliasing really bothers you, I would use 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA and then dial back the in game graphics settings to a framerate you're happy with.

For MSAA, in the Nvidia control panel you can either enhance the application setting IF the game supports MSAA which in this case Formula Truck does. If you select override the application setting, it doesn't matter what MSAA setting you use in game, the Nvidia control panel will override that setting. Its generally preferred if the game supports MSAA to use enhance application setting, but override will likely work just as well.

What resolution are you playing at? And how much does aliasing bother you? SGSSAA does an amazing job of cleaning up aliasing in this game and GSCE, but it does come at a performance penalty so I guess If aliasing really bothers you, I would use 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA and then dial back the in game graphics settings to a framerate you're happy with.

I run 19" triples @ 3990/1024
I dont use any 3d settings in NCP I just use that auto setting, The preview pane "let application decide" And in game set to ultra on ftrucks and GSCE?

I run 19" triples @ 3990/1024
I dont use any 3d settings in NCP I just use that auto setting, The preview pane "let application decide" And in game set to ultra on ftrucks and GSCE?

Running triples at that resolution, you will not likely be able to use SGSSAA without a pair of GTX 980s. You are likely going to have to settle for a lower AA setting unfortunately.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%