Formula Student UK - Sprint & Endurance

Tracks Formula Student UK - Sprint & Endurance 1.1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jayan submitted a new resource:

FS UK 2020 - Sprint - Formula Student UK Sprint, Silverstone Circuit

The official IMechE Formula Student UK 2020 Sprint Course

Thank you for downloading

The track mod replicates the Formula Student UK sprint course located at the Silverstone circuit. The cones are laid out along Copse corner and part of the national straight. The timing gates have been set to replicate the actual FSUK sprint event.

View attachment 389918

The mod includes the conventional cone layout of:
  • Yellow cones on the left hand side track limit
  • Green...

Read more about this resource...

Lovely mod! You did a great job here, thx for sharing as well.

I am trying to mod some FS Tracks on my own and I wonder if you could help me with the cones.

More specific, I am using RTB (RaceTrackBuilder) for modding.
And I'd like to know if theres a way to change the size of all cones (instead of changing each cone size on it's own) and how to place them along side the track properly (again, instead of placing and aligning each cone seperately which would take quite some time - if this is the only way, I'm ok with it).

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask something like this, I am happy about an answer either way.

Hi @Jayan !
Noticed there are now 4 different circuit layouts, just wanted to let you know that you can have all 4 layouts on the same folder and share elements to save folder space and make everything neater and more optimzed.

To do this, you will create a few kn5 files. The first one would be a base kn5, which includes all surfaces, grandstands, barriers, etc... basically everything that remains the same across all 4 layouts.
Then you can create one kn5 for each layout, including the specific cones and timing gates for each individual layout.
Finally, using the models.ini files, you can define all the kn5 files that are defined for each layout. Have a look at any of the kunos tracks with multiple layouts, you'll see quite quickly what I mean as well as the folder structure followed, and a way to optimize file structure (I estimate a reduction of up to 70% of size without compromising quality on any form)

I have a bit of experience with track layouts, so feel free to contact me privately if you have any questions

Hi @Jayan !
Noticed there are now 4 different circuit layouts, just wanted to let you know that you can have all 4 layouts on the same folder and share elements to save folder space and make everything neater and more optimzed.

To do this, you will create a few kn5 files. The first one would be a base kn5, which includes all surfaces, grandstands, barriers, etc... basically everything that remains the same across all 4 layouts.
Then you can create one kn5 for each layout, including the specific cones and timing gates for each individual layout.
Finally, using the models.ini files, you can define all the kn5 files that are defined for each layout. Have a look at any of the kunos tracks with multiple layouts, you'll see quite quickly what I mean as well as the folder structure followed, and a way to optimize file structure (I estimate a reduction of up to 70% of size without compromising quality on any form)

I have a bit of experience with track layouts, so feel free to contact me privately if you have any questions
Hey Ofitus,

Thanks for the message, that makes a lot of sense, I understand what you are saying, I can see how Kunos have done it with the Nurburgring layouts. I'll try it later and will let you know if there's any help I need.

Thanks for the help :)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back