Formula Student mod strikes a chord with Simracing604.

Mike from Simracing604 does a stellar job of showing us why the Formula Student Mod is a must have piece of content.
  • Mike breaks down what makes this mod special
  • Download links to content below
  • Help support Diego and his team through this rough patch
Update: It seems the video has been removed from Youtube so we have replaced it with our event coverage.

In case you missed it, we recently helped facilitate a special event broadcast live on RaceDepartment to help Diego, the creator of the awesome Formula student mod, by raising awareness of a situation that he desperately needs help with. The university which Diego attends with his team mates has cut all the funding to his course which means they can’t go racing this year, which in turn surely has repercussions on their studying. Hopefully we have helped generate some visibility in order for Diego to attract some sponsors.

Despite the rather serious undertone to the event the racing was quite the opposite, light hearted, fun and exciting. There were 40 drivers taking part in miniature F1 teams on miniature F1 tracks, which of course you can download from RaceDepartment.

Taking part in the event was Mike from SimRacing604, and the car certainly had an effect on him as he felt compelled to make a video about it. Unfortunately on the night Mike struggled with some technical issues which forced him out of the race, but the short amount of time he had with the content was clearly enough to get him hooked.

FSGP002.jpg

Now I know what you are thinking. This car looks a bit funny, and I agree with you, they aren’t going to win any awards for “best looking car in show” but put all that to one side, it drives like a dream. I was skeptical the first time I looked at it and it was only when I downloaded it and tried it I realised it was something special. Again, in case you missed it, Chris Haye also made a video on it as he was suitably impressed too.

Watch Mike’s video and here it directly from the big man himself, and then have a crack at taking this mini-beast around mini-spa. You’re gonna have a good time.

Download the Formula Student car here
Download the Formula Student Grand Prix Skinpack here
Download AC GPK Albert Park here
Download AC GPK Barcelona here
Download AC GPK Spa here

If you would like to help Diego and his team get back on track please support him here

FSGP004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The cars seemed very ugly to me, but after testing it I found it a fantastic job! Very delicate! The handling, the circuits, the AI (except the exit and a few corners), everything is great! And of course, after playing a few games, the cars ended up looking really cool too! Congratulations on the job! ;)

Last edited:
This is a very good mod as it really replicates a Formula Student car in real life with those badly-designed/optimised suspensions, etc. The handling reminds me of those days of driving an average-level Formula Studemt car with, for example, wrong spring stiffness chosen, with either too much understeer or oversteer. Don't worry because if it's not one of those cars by top teams, it's a common thing, and students learn by making mistakes don't we:sneaky:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%