Cars Formula RSS 4 by Race Sim Studio

I'm very upset with you RSS guys.

I'm moving across the country in a week and a half. Before I leave, I have to finish my portfolio website rebuild, and close out a contract project. Knowing that this little bundle of joy is now in the world for all, I'm not going to get either of those things finished.

... Sigh... time to unpack the Rift...

:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, absolutely amazing, stunning work. I'm going to try not to purchase it until after the move, but it's going to be seriously difficult. I don't know if I have the willpower to make it through the next 3 weeks without trying it out.

Any chance you could expand on this method (even if via PM)? AFAIK Keyshot can't render out to a UV flat (unless that was added in KS7, which I don't have yet), so I'm assuming you rendered out orthographic views and built textures from those? How difficult is that with the tires, being round? I'd love to get some input on that, because I use Keyshot often for my work and being able to set up things for material/texture creation with it would be nice, once I get (back) into polygon modeling in a few months (after I move, and after I can pull myself away from the RSS4 :p )
Regarding KS ,
I simply exported the parts , well wheel complete and rendered them out , adding textures I had already baked and was using on the LOD_A ,
I did the same on the RSS2 , Its just some of these cars , lower formulas , there unlike F1 with sealed HUBS and AERO plates , covers and ducts for cooling ect ,
which costs a lot more and obviously you need wind tunnels ect to benefit from different styles , shapes ect ,
so all these lower formula cars is just all open with details and cables and really detailed uprights ,
more inlign with classics ,
so simple on my LOD I prefer to replicate it with rendered textures ,
but still at 12-13 meters for my LOD_B its acceptable to do so , also the performance is much better ,
just simple renders and settings I am afraid , but a cool trick non the less :)

any tips on setting up the car so it doesn't loose the tail when braking? other than moving a bit forward the B. Bias.
Other than the bogging on 1st gear, the car is really fun to drive, sounds great (aside from the turbo bov which on some categories is noticeable and others not, but I like it)
If I can fix the braking and sometimes is hard to countersteer and easily to spin but that with a bit of practice is easy to control

Ive completed my first skin from the 2017 Australian F4 championship, uploaded into the library.
Many more to come!
Enjoy!
preview-jpg.211625

Ive completed my first skin from the 2017 Australian F4 championship, uploaded into the library.
Many more to come!
Enjoy!
preview-jpg.211625
Greate work mate! But keep in mind that those tires have an F4UK branding on the sidewall. ;)
It would have been better, to ask me in this first place to use some of my textures / parts of them for your skin. Like tires, frontwing endplates, exhaust heatshielding, emergency stickers.
As this is in the readme of the Fortec skins:
Do not use any content from this package for your own work without my permission.
So please ask me for permisson to use some assets or create them yourself. Only putting credits is nice but not enough.

@Topuz hey, does the app only work "properly" for this car? or it could work for any car as well, since it has the 8000rpm kind of limit.
have tried a few cars and seem to work fine.
are you going to develop it and release and separately? a delta for laptime would be nice (if doesn't loose the realism with the real counterpart)
thanks!

@Topuz hey, does the app only work "properly" for this car? or it could work for any car as well, since it has the 8000rpm kind of limit.
have tried a few cars and seem to work fine.
are you going to develop it and release and separately? a delta for laptime would be nice (if doesn't loose the realism with the real counterpart)
thanks!

It works on any car, but the tachometer is capped at 8000 rpm and speed at 240 km/h. At the moment, no further development is planned. App is the property of RSS, it's up to them if they plan to release it as standalone or not.
Hi has Topuz mentioned , the app was commissioned and built to be released with the RSS4 ,
we do not currently plan on making any updates or releasing it as a singe item :)

@chargingcar apologies if this is a complete dicky move but this seemed the best place to ask - im not 100% familiar with it, but it gives off a similar impression to the RSS 4, but have you ever watched Super Formula in Japan?

I ask as more and more teams seem to be sending their youth drivers there (Gasly, Vandoorne etc) and the cars seem just so peculiar yet cool to look at.

anywho, back on topic - loving the car, seems slow but easy to push over its limit.

ah ok - that'll do me then haha

just found it a curious car to watch - some odd wings....parts of the body aero reminds me of 04-08 - and that "shark" fin "nemo wing".

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%