Cars Removed by RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the scratches etc - its actually in line with the more recent RSS open wheelers. We chose shaders that supported normal detail maps for the chassis carbon firbe, which isn't supported on shaders that include the scratches etc. Personally I prefer that compromise, but I understand if some dont.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. As for RSS open wheelers I only have the F79 and F4 to compare to (plus the GTs), which are older releases, so I found it strange. As it's a visual compromise to get better static visuals, I agree it's perfectly fine -- these cars aren't supposed to see constant bumper to bumper action anyway. The only thing missing will be a quick (albeit unrealistic) visual cue for contacts on replays. :thumbsup:

@mikutzu Can you please tell which exact Sol version are you using, and which optimizations are enabled on the General section of CSP (or anything custom on the shadows tab, etc)? I'll try to take a look at it to find an offending setting while using 19.4.3s + p73. AFAIK the "CM Showroom" is separate to the AC engine, that's why things look different (p.e, it'll still cast shadows on items that were made transparent/invisible via skins, unlike the regular showroom).

Edit: Btw, I (and probably everyone) also get a very thin moirée effect on right on the edges of decal painted shapes, even without the shaders patch enabled. This is something related to vanilla AC engine. It's the same as with trees in the distance (without fxaa), and the same effect will also show on kunos cars that use the same method, like the SF70H (can you please check it also?). The strange thing that is happening to you, is that it's showing on the whole transparent part of the decal, and not only right at the point the paint blends.

Last edited:
@mikutzu Can you please tell which exact Sol version are you using, and which optimizations are enabled on the General section of CSP (or anything custom on the shadows tab, etc)? I'll try to take a look at it to find an offending setting while using 19.4.3s + p73. AFAIK the "CM Showroom" is separate to the AC engine, that's why things look different (p.e, it'll still cast shadows on items that were made transparent/invisible via skins, unlike the regular showroom).

I'm using the latest version of SOL (1.1.1)
And these are my optimizations (didn't touched them).
CSP_General Patch settings.jpg

I've just checked the latest 1.2 RC1, and didn't have the issue. Will try 1.1.1 and edit this post back. Brb...

Meanwhile, could you please try the kunos sf70h to see if the same problem shows?

Edit: I've reproduced the bug with sol 1.1.1 + p49, give me some time to figure what causes it.

Last edited:
Np, unfortunately the less adventurous will be running this p49 + sol 1.1.1, because they are the current "stable" versions. With some luck, this might happening only with amd cards.

Ok, the rundown (running 19.4.3 drivers on a RX480 under 1903 18362.86):
I don't get the bug with p74 without sol (weather fx disabled), with sol 1.1.1 or sol 1.2 rc1.
I get the bug with p49 without sol (weather fx disabled), with sol 1.1.1 and sol 1.2 rc1 (notice that this version of sol isn't meant to be run with p49, sky will be black, but the particular bug on this car still shows)
Sol isn't to blame (or weather fx extension alone), no matter the version.
I always get this with p49, no matter the optimizations enabled, also disabling every other extension doesn't change it, or going from minimum to max native AC graphics settings.
This problem will still show on p63, but p69 and p74 are free from it.

There might be some setting that I missed, but for now, just updating to p74 should clear the issue. What puzzles me, is that mikutzu reported it on p74+1.1.1 in the first page, which I can't reproduce.

(edit: sorry for the version edits)

Last edited:
I'm out of ideas, I'm sorry. The only thing I see left to try, is to manually remove all remainings of CSP after uninstalling it from gui, and then install p74, to ensure there isn't anything left from p49 *(specially dwrite.dll). On my tests I've simply switched versions via GUI (apps are from github), and the issue popped up immediately when going from p73/p69 to p49/p63.

Edit: This will then require you to add latest apps from the github repo, so as cfgs and vao patches if the auto download is giving you trouble.

Last edited:
Some (very) early feedback:

- would it be possible to add a third graphical option, for an Halo just without the central pillar (or made invisible)?

- sounds are very nice, but they seem quieter than Kunos or other RSS content (?)

- brakes heat up like crazy and do not seem to cool down if not by just a hundred degrees Celsius, even at the end of a long straight

Apart from that, seems like a very cool car! Thanks guys for it! Will leave a review after I get more time behind it's wheel

- would it be possible to add a third graphical option, for an Halo just without the central pillar (or made invisible)?
I see no reason for this. The only reason I include an option to hide the Halo at all is because unlike IRL, it does objectively hinder the view for single screen users, which is obviously an problem. So if you feel that is an issue, you have the option remove it, if not - keep it.
The halo stays visible for all other cars at all times, because that is how the car is designed and I see no reason to deviate from that even if many consider it ugly.

- brakes heat up like crazy and do not seem to cool down if not by just a hundred degrees Celsius, even at the end of a long straight
Brakes cool by about 300+ degrees for me along the main straight at Barcelona.
IRL they play with the blanking to ensure the “Initial Temperature” at the start of the braking zone at the end of the longest straight is high enough to bite, and its not unusual for that target to be 550 degrees for example.
In AC we don't have brake blanking and the temp code is pretty simplistic (without using shaders patch physics), so its not really a problem. The brakes work as intended so I wouldn't worry about what that value says.

I agree, a central-strut removal option for the halo would be a great idea. I find the car unusable with the full halo (on a single screen) but removing it entirely feels like cheating :unsure: Retaining most of the halo would be a great compromise for single-screen users :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back