AC Formula RSS 3 @ @ Monza - Wednesday 29 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apologies to you Craig @Craig Dunkley for quiting shortly before the end, really bad headache and race fookered from the start didn't help:rolleyes:

@Ziggy Gaetrap whilst neither of us left the track at Curva Grande on the first lap (so no reason to stop and wait for a catch up I guess, but the situation slowed several drivers behind), I'm curious to know just where you expected me to disappear to?

@Captain Condescending
What did you have for breakfast?
Valtteri-Bottas-Mark-Webber-1101217.jpg

it was fun last night, I think I had a good pace and I was glad for myself. I would like to apologize first to the cars I have hit. I am truly sorry @hape the last lap incident.

If You are all here, I would like to ask all of you some questions (except for the VR users): do you use any app for head movement (RHM or Neck motion form CM) or any eye/head tracking device? If yes, which one and why?

Congrats to Joseph!
I had a great start running 2nd but had a spin in the ascari on lap 3 or 4 which caused minor damage, but I could continue without much imbalance.
Later, Finley made a pass on me in the second chicane, and I don't know if I didn't give enough room or if he was too optimistic, but either way, we crashed and I got more damage. From then on I had severe understeer loosing 1 sec a lap.
Few laps later, Reik made an unsafe entry to the track between the lesmos and i unavoidably chrashed heavily into him. Now the car was near undriveable and couldn't keep the steering wheel straight on the straights but with only a couple of laps remaining I kept going and finished the race.

I hope the next race will go better.

Apologies to you Craig @Craig Dunkley for quiting shortly before the end, really bad headache and race fookered from the start didn't help:rolleyes:

@Ziggy Gaetrap whilst neither of us left the track at Curva Grande on the first lap (so no reason to stop and wait for a catch up I guess, but the situation slowed several drivers behind), I'm curious to know just where you expected me to disappear to?
Sorry about that. I didn't see you and didn't know what I was supposed to do after that contact. I new to online racing and will definitely pay more attention to that next time. Hope you still had a good race tho.

it was fun last night, I think I had a good pace and I was glad for myself. I would like to apologize first to the cars I have hit. I am truly sorry @hape the last lap incident.

If You are all here, I would like to ask all of you some questions (except for the VR users): do you use any app for head movement (RHM or Neck motion form CM) or any eye/head tracking device? If yes, which one and why?

When I'm not racing in VR, I use RHM but not for turning the view, but for keeping it more stable. You can set it up to filter out all the bumps and shakes which makes it much easier to see and feel much more realistic.

GZ for the win! What are the plugins you are using?
UI stuff? I've got RSR live timings for lap records and stuff (top left). Just under that is ACTI, which outputs telemetry data so I can use Motec for setting up the car. Below that is FFB Clip, which automatically adjust force feedback gain for each car to give you maximum strength without clipping detail.

Middle left is essentials which is a default app with the game. I don't usually have that open, but this car doesn't show fuel on the dash so I wanted a vague indicator of how much I had left. Over on the right is two default apps as well, Realtime and Tires.

Top middle is BLM FPS, just show me my frame rate when I'm in VR. Bottom middle is Helicorsa, an app I'd 100% recommend. It shows cars around you and really helps with close racing. I also have Crew Chief running (which you might be able to hear) for the spotter and for information about what's going on.

Other stuff I'm using is content manager (obviously) because the default launcher sucks. Shaders patch and Sol to make the game look like its from the 21st century, and Real Head Motion, to filter out bumps and stuff from the camera - great in 2D but invaluable in VR.

Congrats to Joseph!
I had a great start running 2nd but had a spin in the ascari on lap 3 or 4 which caused minor damage, but I could continue without much imbalance.
Later, Finley made a pass on me in the second chicane, and I don't know if I didn't give enough room or if he was too optimistic, but either way, we crashed and I got more damage. From then on I had severe understeer loosing 1 sec a lap.
Few laps later, Reik made an unsafe entry to the track between the lesmos and i unavoidably chrashed heavily into him. Now the car was near undriveable and couldn't keep the steering wheel straight on the straights but with only a couple of laps remaining I kept going and finished the race.

I hope the next race will go better.

Oh dear, I was sooooo ashamed and angry about myself, so I left the race and got me an Ouzo. I'm very sorry mate. That was my poorest race ever.

I hit the outside grass before Lesmo 1 and got pulled into the gravel. The only safe return to the track would've been the outside of Lesmo 2, which meant a very long ride through the gravel. So I decided to cross the race line and come up to speed on the safe inside line between the Lesmos.

Unfortunately I missjudged the gap to you from the time sheet, so you arrived a tiny little bit too early. Shame on me, that was way too risky. So I'll never do that again in a similar situation.

Very sorry again. :(

Oh dear, I was sooooo ashamed and angry about myself, so I left the race and got me an Ouzo. I'm very sorry mate. That was my poorest race ever.

I hit the outside grass before Lesmo 1 and got pulled into the gravel. The only safe return to the track would've been the outside of Lesmo 2, which meant a very long ride through the gravel. So I decided to cross the race line and come up to speed on the safe inside line between the Lesmos.

Unfortunately I missjudged the gap to you from the time sheet, so you arrived a tiny little bit too early. Shame on me, that was way too risky. So I'll never do that again in a similar situation.

Very sorry again. :(
No problem, mate. I was pretty angry when it happened, but mostly because I already had a few crashes and this was just too much.
I know of course that you didn't do this on purpose, and, in last minute, I could see that you tried to move to the inside of the track.

Nevermind, bro. Next race will be better.

No problem, mate. I was pretty angry when it happened, but mostly because I already had a few crashes and this was just too much.
I know of course that you didn't do this on purpose, and, in last minute, I could see that you tried to move to the inside of the track.

Nevermind, bro. Next race will be better.

Thanks for your very kind words and your convenience mate. I'll keep that in mind.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%