Stock Car Extreme Setups

I just got a 1.12.2 during a qualify session, but I think I can do better. I usually skip the qualify session and just race with Ai. I usually don't screw up much when I race, but just now when I was trying to get a good qualify time - I screwed up a lot, lol. I think I drive better when I don't focus on my time.

I still haven't bought GSC2013 yet. I'm hoping the Ai are more difficult. Some of the Ai in GSC2012 seem really slow.

And what is up with Khodair always winning every stock car race? He cheats so bad. He's always miles ahead of everybody. I had to replace his car with my own custom car just so he won't be allowed to compete in any races :p

I am doing that lap time with fuel for 10 laps and on soft tyres and guess what. I am slower than the AI 120% for 3 seconds now...

I need some help please. When I'm cornering I think I have too much something lol! I'm not sure of the differences too well between understeer and oversteer. I hear these all the times in real life and sim racing but I've never really grasped what it means. Embarrassing I know but it is what it is lol there are probably a few other basic things I don't know about racing but there we are. when I'm cornering, I get quite a lot of tilt on the car then it kind of springs back but I'm over correcting all the time If that makes sense. Is that to do with over or under steer? If so, how can I correct it. It's mainly the V8 cars and they are heavy beasts to handle. Cheers

Can't help with setup Jim but oversteer is when the car turns into the corner, i.e. tightens the corner, understeer is when the car wants to go straight on, it pushes wide round the corner.
If you get on the throttle too hard and too soon on the exit of a corner these cars will show oversteer, the backend will come round and you will spin, unless you're good and can catch the spin.

First Stab at a setup for this car, managed a 1.35.1 80% happy with the lap,
Give it a go let me know how it goes also send one back if you manage to improve it/have a better one,
Cheers

Attachments

• new.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 686
I need some help please. When I'm cornering I think I have too much something lol! I'm not sure of the differences too well between understeer and oversteer. I hear these all the times in real life and sim racing but I've never really grasped what it means. Embarrassing I know but it is what it is lol there are probably a few other basic things I don't know about racing but there we are. when I'm cornering, I get quite a lot of tilt on the car then it kind of springs back but I'm over correcting all the time If that makes sense. Is that to do with over or under steer? If so, how can I correct it. It's mainly the V8 cars and they are heavy beasts to handle. Cheers
Understeer is when you turn the wheel and your car does not do what you want, it goes more straight than it turns. Oversteer is and rear of the car wants to step away from your control, causing a spin. Very simple explanation, but I think you'll get it.

Thanks Tuomas, I was struggling to setup the kart to this track. Your setup helped improve my time a little bit, but I still cannot get faster than 53.xxx. Do you have any kart driving tips to share?

I got my G27 and started sim racing about a month ago, mainly playing GSCE, and some AC.

At Granja Viana 1 I qualified 3rd with AI 95%, and won the race. A Interlagos 1 I cannot qualify better than 12th out of 16 racers.

In the coming days ill do my best to create an overview of available car setups for Stock Car Extreme submitted by the community members of RaceDepartment.com.

Sharing setups is a brilliant way to help others who are stuck on certain tracks, on where to start creating their own base setup or they simply want to compare their setup to yours and see where they can improve.

The directory will have a list of available car setups for SCE alphabetically sorted on cars with the tracks listed below them.
Note: we will only include the official default cars @ official tracks in this directory. However feel free to submit alternative combinations. Browse the full list of all default and modded car combinations via this link.

Remember, sharing is fun! Please leave your likes and comments on each single setup thread as everybody likes a nice review of their work that they offer to you for free.

Formula Vee
Formula 3
Formula Retro
Formula Classic
Formula V12
Formula Reiza
Formula Extreme
Metalmoro
Camaro
Mini Challenge
Opala
Stock Car V8