EU Formula Retro @ Magny-Cours - Monday 3rd December 2018

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Matt Le Gallez, Nov 26, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 03-12-18
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    You can always try some setups from Time trial, but you need to get a bunch of them and try them out as they tend to vary quite a lot, and obviously you can't get one for Magny-Cours, so you have to look at some other tracks and possibly tweak the setup you like a bit.

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,961
    I guess that means you're in?...:D

3. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +509
    Did that but did not fond any set up that was good enough but thanks any way Martin.

4. Sven-Arne Andersson

Sven-Arne Andersson
    Premium

Ratings:
    +509
    Sign me up please. I will try this and hoping all goes well.

5. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,961
    Added you as well. I'm pretty sure someone will share a setup if you ask nicely on TS, as it is usually the case...:)

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Arkoudadis

Arkoudadis
    George Georgiadis Premium

Ratings:
    +65
    nope im out have fun tonight!

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    RaceDepartment Technical Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,291
    I wouldn't suggest them for racing generally. They are made for a game mode that has no tire wear, no fuel use, and perfect track grip, all of which tend to lead to setups that are a touch on the extreme side.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    @Dave Stephenson I use them fairly often and have found some pretty good setups like this (or rather - setups I quite liked). But yeah, you have to bear certain things in mind, and you absolutely have to go through a couple of them as their drivability tends to vary greatly, with strong emphasis on greatly.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daniel Nieto

Daniel Nieto

Ratings:
    +135
    Ok, in pleease :)

10. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Moving Chicane Premium

Ratings:
    +3,606
    Case in point regarding the setups from time trial - I found I fairly nice setup for tonight I liked more than the default plenty of people seemed to be using, then tweaked it during practice and qualification more to my liking...and had a great feeling setup that made me grin like a maniac when I got it right.

Sadly, getting it right for 20 minutes straight is not that easy with these cars ;) But still a great fun, despite a blown engine and last place I believe (and from pole no less...:rolleyes:), thanks for the race :)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.