[F-Retro Gen 1] Formula 1 1975 complete skin pack with AI skills and names

Skins [F-Retro Gen 1] Formula 1 1975 complete skin pack with AI skills and names 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ianez submitted a new resource:

Formula Retro Gen 1 - 1975 Shadow DN5A historic liveries - Formula Retro Gen 1 F1 1975 pack

F1 1975 historic liveries.

Formula Retro V8 model:
1975 Shadow DN5/A - Tom Pryce #16
1975 Shadow DN5/A - Jean-Pierre Jarier #17

Installation: download the file and unzip to main installation folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\)

View attachment 468640
View attachment 468641

Read more about this resource...

Are you going to be doing the Shadow DN3 livery for this car? You probably know this already but the Retro V8 is an exact copy of the Shadow DN3, the livery is way easier also. Great work as always though!

01c9af351854993996bf167a8148c14f.jpg

Last edited:
ianez updated Formula Retro Gen 1 - F1 1975 historic pack with a new update entry:

6 more historic liveries for Formula Retro V12 model

6 more historic F1 1975 liveries for Formula Retro V12 model added,:
# 3 Jody Scheckter (Elf Team Tyrrell)
# 4 Patrick Depailler (Elf Team Tyrrell)
# 9 Vittorio Brambilla (March Engineering)
# 10 Lella Lombardi (March Engineering)
# 11 Clay Regazzoni (Scuderia Ferrari)
# 12 Niki Lauda (Scuderia Ferrari)

View attachment 484710View attachment 484711View attachment 484712

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for your work. Just a small suggestion: the tyrrell should be linked to the Retro V8 pack, with regards to engine (Ford DFV) and general aspect of the model.

ianez updated Formula Retro Gen 1 - F1 1975 historic pack with a new update entry:

[F-Retro Gen 1] Formula 1 1975 complete skin pack with AI skills and names

Added 6 more cars to the pack, all based on V8 model:

HB Bewaking Team Ensign - Gijs van Lennep #19
HB Bewaking Team Ensign - Chris Amon #32
Embassy Racing - Graham Hill #22
Embassy Racing - Tony Brise #23
Vel's Parnelli Jones Racing - M. Andretti #27
Penske Cars - Mark Donohue #28

Drivers names and skills by aducks281

View attachment 538690
View attachment 538691
View attachment 538692
View attachment 538693

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update :)

I found a few points that could be updated:
  1. Ickx is listed as Italian. He's very much Belgian.
  2. Formula Retro's entries for W.Fittipaldi and Evans don't match up with liveries.
  3. The Jochen Mass livery features a white Texaco logo with the Impact font, but the actual car used something that looks like Eurostile (or, in any case, the same as the black logo on E.Fittipaldi's car).
  4. Bob Evans' custom AI lists him as John Watson under "name".

Last edited:
Thanks for the update :)

I found a few points that could be updated:
  1. Ickx is listed as Italian. He's very much Belgian.
  2. Formula Retro's entries for W.Fittipaldi and Evans don't match up with liveries.
  3. The Jochen Mass livery features a white Texaco logo with the Impact font, but the actual car used something that looks like Eurostile (or, in any case, the same as the black logo on E.Fittipaldi's car).
  4. Bob Evans' custom AI lists him as John Watson under "name".

Thanks so much for the feedback, really appreciated

1) File already updated, in next release icks nationality will be the right one.
2) Wilson Fittipaldi and Bob Evans's liveries are planned for the next update, based on the 2 remaining brabhams. I already put the entries in the AI file, but the liveries are still original reiza.
3) According to the book I'm using as reference (Formula 1 Car by Car 1970-79 by Peter Higham), Jochen Mass in 1975 used a white texaco-marlboro logo while his team mate Emerson Fittipaldi had a black logo. In 1974, both cars had a black texaco-marlboro logo.
4) File already updated, it will be available in the next update.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the feedback, really appreciated

1) File already updated, in next release icks nationality will be the right one.
2) Wilson Fittipaldi and Bob Evans's liveries are planned for the next update, based on the 2 remaining brabhams. I already put the entries in the AI file, but the liveries are still original reiza.
3) According to the book I'm using as reference (Formula 1 Car by Car 1970-79 by Peter Higham), Jochen Mass in 1975 used a white texaco-marlboro logo while his team mate Emerson Fittipaldi had a black logo. In 1974, both cars had a black texaco-marlboro logo.
4) File already updated, it will be available in the next update.

Fantastic :)

For point 3, you are correct, it was a white logo (with a tiny black outline); it's just not the same typography. I'm just being really really pedantic and precise here :D

Here is Maas in 1975:
1644265225313.png

Here is yours:
1644265141958.png

It's just the font that's different.

You're using:

1644265335498.png

The Texaco logo looks more akin to Eurostile, but probably reversing the color from the black logo is the best way to get the most accurate depiction.

1644265593414.png

Firstly, thank you so much for such a wonderful mod, it is amazing! Quick question - bit confused, just did a race and narrowly beat James Hunt (!) but which car is his in the livery select screen?

Firstly, thank you so much for such a wonderful mod, it is amazing! Quick question - bit confused, just did a race and narrowly beat James Hunt (!) but which car is his in the livery select screen?

It's a mistake in the AI file, it should be Dave Charlton from Scuderia Scribante, but it's listed as James Hunt.
Fix is arriving with the next update.

Is there a Team Hesketh to be included with James Hunt?

If reiza adds more slots to the retro gen 1 class, Team Hesketh will be included along with all the other teams that are still missing: Harald Ertl, Harry Stiller Racing, Team Surtees, Maki Engineering, Lyncar Engineering, Lexington Racing.
1975 was an incredible season, with so many different teams and cars, so I had to make some selection.

If reiza adds more slots to the retro gen 1 class, Team Hesketh will be included along with all the other teams that are still missing: Harald Ertl, Harry Stiller Racing, Team Surtees, Maki Engineering, Lyncar Engineering, Lexington Racing.
1975 was an incredible season, with so many different teams and cars, so I had to make some selection.
Like your effort, but as the game does not even offer enough garage spots on many historic tracks (i. e.: Kyalami, Spielberg) for the number of cars which is already part of this class, we would have even more cars we would not see on track. And the historic layouts fit best to these old F1 cars.
This issue has been posted several times in the official forum. There are many tracks we can not use for championship mode because of the missing pit spots for the cars of a certain class.
But this of course is not your fault. ;)

Last edited:
Realising I'm late to the party but I have an issue where the Ferrari skins are not showing. All others present and correct. I can see the skin when driving from sidepod view, but external and replay cameras just show a blank red car, whether I'm driving it or the AI. I've tried reinstalling and anything I can think of but no luck. Anyone had this issue? Or know what's likely to be causing it?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%