AMS2 Formula Retro G2 @ Spielberg 1977, Tuesday 1st Febuary 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium

rd3-3.jpg

Join us on Tuesday night for some friendly club races with fellow premium members.​

This week it's off to the Styrian mountains and the fearsome Osterreichring, in the legendary late 70s ground effect cars.
The Brabham "FanCar" and the Lotus 79 are the Something-For-Nothing cars; two brilliant designs that literally pulled downforce from out of thin air, forcing that airflow underneath the car rather than over ever larger, drag inducing, wings.
Due to this dark magic, each car requires a distinct driving style. Practice is highly recommended. However, If a harsh ride and the need for a pilot's understanding of aero is not to your liking, then the default 1978 F1 car is a fantastically drivable old school alternative.​
ss141127.jpg

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server, Settings & Rules

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 FGFX
Server Password: oldbangers
Server Settings: X2 fuel/tyres
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Spielberg 1977
Cars: Formula Retro G2
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

liveries

Time Table

Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (45 minutes)

Entry List

1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks
  3. max1966i
  4. PurgerUK
  5. Steve Le Gallez
  6. Andrew Leach
  7. Ingemar Petersson
  8. Jan Larsen
  9. Magnus Dahlgren
  10. Edgar1996.10
  11. Knut Omdal Tveito
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Excellent, Scott. Added. These may be some of the best cars in Ams2. The Generic 78 car is so drivable, the other two require rewiring of the brain to hustle them, but man! What a blast.

I just had a quick couple of laps with all 3 - that Brabham is a monster! I think I might have already decided which one I want to use :D Love the track too... I haven't really driven on the new one much, but you can still recognise bits of it.

Yes please!!
Cool, Malcolm. Added
I just had a quick couple of laps with all 3 - that Brabham is a monster! I think I might have already decided which one I want to use :D Love the track too... I haven't really driven on the new one much, but you can still recognise bits of it.
I decided on the chicane vs to give the non-ground effect car a chance. That Brabham should be illegal...oh, it was in the end. Entered 1 race and won it, then banned.

Thanks to the flowing corners this track is perfect for classic Formula racing! Even those older lotus' are so much fun to throw around here!

Nice one Andrew. Added.
If you haven't already, I'd suggest a few laps in the 3 cars to choose which suits. They really do drive very diffently.
Server is up and has an hour of practice set.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%