rF2 Formula Renault 3.5 Suzuka Thurs 4/12/2014

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
round-5-jpg.72040

Many of us are practicing for the League race on this upcoming track.
This is a chance for league drivers to test their setup and get a race simulation run and for club drivers to mix it up with league drivers and have some fun.
Its also a nice way to see if this league is for you.

Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT VWSR F3.5
Server password: Click here
Car:
Formula Renault 3.5 2014 Download
Track:
Suzuka GP Download
MOD: Download

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use : Normal
Mechanical failure: Time scaled

Assists:
Auto-clutch:
Allowed

Parc fermé: except: brake bias and pressure, fuel level and pit strategy and tires.
Note: If you didn't set a lap time during quali, everything is still open.

Practice: On race day the server will be open all day to practice
Qualification: 20:20 GMT (Q1 and Q2: 5 min superpole)
Warmup 1: 5 minutes
Race 45 minutes

Qually Q1 and Q2: Server will dived the grid into 2 groups at random: Q1 and Q2.
So you'll be in Q1 or Q2 to do your super-pole lap.

Starting Procedure:
Reconnaissance time: 3,5 min total:
You'll have 60 sec to exit the pit lane. If not: You'll start from the pit lane with cold tires.
After that: you still have 150 sec to drive to the starting grid on your own tempo to pre-heat tires, brakes, engine and to drive to your starting position. If you are not on your starting position in time, you'll be spawned on your spot in Neutral.

DRS rules: DRS only available in the DRS zone at all sessions

suzuka-drs-png.72075

VWSR F3.5 drivers and guest drivers: agree with the RD league Regulations 2014

Confirmed entry list:

1. Martin Bulgin
  2. Kenzo Schmitz
  3. Wojciech Lukaszeck
  4. David Cook
  5. Jason Skyring
  6. Stefan Woudenberg
  7. Dino Paolini
  8. Jorn Horbelt
  9. Nicolas Delamare
  10. Joao Fernandes
  11. David O'Reilly
  12. Gijs van Elderen
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a setup for this track and car ? :(
Kenzo its a little tricky as despite it being a club race its a dress rehearsal for the League race so drivers will keep their setups to themselves.

However, I have posted publicly a setup for this car at Spa. With some tweaks it would be ok.
I hope it helps.
You will still need to assess some factors (cooling, aero, gearing, fuel load).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzep1a85g0u01az/FR3514SPA.svm?dl=0

fun race while it lasted, had a little bit of a thing @David O'Reilly going, 1or 2 contacts when 1 of us made a mistake(there were plenty :D).in the end he was faster and built a gap and started to make a lot of mistakes and ended up facing the wall

Fun race at the back ! Unfortunately I made many mistake and my engine blew-up, but I had a blast. The thing is, I'm snail and I hope I bothered no one at the back.

EDIT: Also many thanks to David Cook for his setup ! :)

Hmmmm... first time for me to drive these FR3.5 cars, so had to l\earn how to handle them. Thanx Jason for the setup which helped me a lot. :)
My race start was good and had to drive around an brake for non starting and spinning cars. :)
Was 5th or so for a few laps untill I missed my braking point for the last chicane... Was last from that point.. past a few guys who went off and lost spots when I went off. :D
I was 9th and closing the gap to Joao. When I span in under the bridge I received a stop and go penalty :mad:, Next lap the same happened.:mad: With 10 minuted to go I hoped I could make it to the chequered flag..... 5 minutes before that... I received a black one.....:poop: Nasty fun killing bug.
Had fun on ts with Yuri and before the race with Jason. :)

Thanx for the organisation and see you soon again. :)

Good fun last night and my 2nd podium in as many races :) I was 4thcoming out of turn 1 and stayed there for about 2 thirds of the race when someone dropped out in the top 3 and I found myself 3rd with Josh gaining on me every lap, we had a coming together with a few laps left but I managed to get going again before Gijs could steal my 3rd place away :D

I really enjoyed that but.
Apologies, I had a total brain fade at the start, thinking of many things but gears and left the car in Neutral (so thats why they have procedures:confused:). Then when nothing happened for some reason I grabbed reverse. I am sorry for any carnage caused at the start line. I waited till all were safely through and continued.
Managed to get on the back of a tight little train with @Martin Bulgin at the front in P4 and a battling Joern Horbelt and @Joao Fernandes at the rear. I was on them but thought they might just do me a favour here as they battled. Joao had a moment and dropped back so then a rather comedy capers battle with Joern ensued.Then some red mist descended and I made a move at the final chicane that Senna would have liked (not cause it was good but it was like his one on Prost) but ran outside track limits at the exit so waited and let him through. We seemed to have a few times where the other guy had to say "sorry after you". Then finally I managed a clean pass and pulled a slight gap.

All these capers let the pack get away and the rest of the race was chasing @Gijs van Elderen . Managed to lower quite a big gap to Martin down to less then 10 sec. So was not unhappy with my underlying pace.

Congrats to Dino who was in danger of lapping me but with all the lost time I like to think I would have had at least a sector breathing space in a clean run.
Congrats also to Martin on a strong drive. On my HUD P3/P4 were indiscernible from each other all race so that must have been a tussle.

I love Suzuka and cant wait till Sunday.
Thanks men.

Fun race at the back ! Unfortunately I made many mistake and my engine blew-up, but I had a blast. The thing is, I'm snail and I hope I bothered no one at the back.

You are very kind to thank the guy that gave you a setup that blew your engine up;)

I should be thanking you bud! After I crashed out at T7 you became my test driver. And it turned out to be very helpful for me because now I know I need to increase the radiator size.

I qualified P4 but lost one position to @Martin Bulgin off the start. I spent the next 4 and a bit laps chasing him closely but couldn't overtake. I had my rear wing as high as possible so it was quite a trial. I thought I might have him at 130R on lap 3 but he held the inside line well. On lap 5 he went off at T7 and I thought I would finally get by but instead I followed him off and damaged the car and that was it for me. Spent the rest of t he race watching the battle between the front 3 and then the battle between Martin and Josh. It was a good race for spectators.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%