AC Formula Renault 3.5 @ Spa-Francorchamps - Saturday 29th August 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Kinda crummy race, but not really bad for the first time driving the car, and my first race in over 2 weeks or so :).

@Casper -Stupid move on my part and I am suprised I just didn't fly straight off the track and into the wall like I should have.

@Jack - I ended up getting too much of the curb before the left-hander and the car just wouldn't turn in so I had to lift completely to try and get around the turn. For some reason I had trouble with this car on the curbs. At the bus stop the car lurched left I'm guessing because of the damage.

Hit the inside of the last corner (top right hander) at Les Combes and my hands weren't quick enough to recover and hit the wall....pit for repairs a second time :(. Then had a spin at the bus stop chicane. Wheee!

Other than those goofs, I did pretty well. Got behind @Sniper both times out of the pits and it was kinda fun trying to play catch up. The good laps I had were mostly due to pitting twice and getting new tires each time. Was fun tying to get used to this car!

Good stuff. Although I came first place... the real winner is @Nick10 - finished the race,
with competitive pace,
and 6th place!

VtbQY8e.jpg

iUtB6FY.jpg

1BRH0Gl.jpg

NpSlKsq.jpg

Thanks guys, I just love that car and circuit, getting there slowly :)

Kinda crummy race, but not really bad for the first time driving the car, and my first race in over 2 weeks or so :).

@Casper -Stupid move on my part and I am suprised I just didn't fly straight off the track and into the wall like I should have.

@Jack - I ended up getting too much of the curb before the left-hander and the car just wouldn't turn in so I had to lift completely to try and get around the turn. For some reason I had trouble with this car on the curbs. At the bus stop the car lurched left I'm guessing because of the damage.

Hit the inside of the last corner (top right hander) at Les Combes and my hands weren't quick enough to recover and hit the wall....pit for repairs a second time :(. Then had a spin at the bus stop chicane. Wheee!

Other than those goofs, I did pretty well. Got behind @Sniper both times out of the pits and it was kinda fun trying to play catch up. The good laps I had were mostly due to pitting twice and getting new tires each time. Was fun tying to get used to this car!
No worries Fred. It's easy to do in this car. We all manage it!! You had awesome speed once you started to get your hand back in:thumbsup:

I think I need to talk to the wife about moving Down Under. Most of my mistakes probably are due to not having enough sleep :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back