1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU Formula Reiza @ Brasilia - Mon 16Apr18

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Clubs & Leagues' started by Matt Le Gallez, Apr 10, 2018.

Added to Calendar: 16-04-18
  1. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,406
    This is a really bad idea, but what the hell...in, please, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer Racer in Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +683
    I’m in

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johnny Stathoros

Johnny Stathoros
    #3 Hellenic Racing Association Premium

Ratings:
    +85
    Sign me up pls :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,590
    You're in! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Jakal31

Jakal31
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    Confirming I'll be there today.
    :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Raf Nix

Raf Nix
    Premium

Ratings:
    +20
    me too please?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jakal31

Jakal31
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    :(
    Finally get a decent enough start, start working my way through those having early issues, just starting to wonder how the softs were going to hold up as it appeared others faster than myself were on mediums and I was feeling like I could keep up. ......got collected in someone's spin, car stalled, can't start these back. Dang it!

....next!

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,406
    I did cause my spin myself (and hope I didn't collect someone), but yeah, same thing - can't start the car out of the pits. That was a short one :(

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,074
    @Martin Fiala and @Jakal31 you can enable autoclutch. Server allows it and this is pretty much the only driving aid that the game does not add a weight penalty for using it.

I don't use it at all but most do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jakal31

Jakal31
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    Yeah, but that's not as fun :geek:
    It's a common thing with this sort of car. Just have to be aware and get in the clutch if something happens.
    I just wasn't quick enough as I wasn't expecting the car ahead to go sideways and into my path.
    Just one of those things...

:thumbsup:

ETA: But I think there is an engine friction sort of "penalty" assessed for auto clutch. Not sure about these cars in particular, but I've always noted slightly slower lap times if I switch it on.

11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,406
    Thanks, didn't occur to me. Wish I knew. I understand this is for realism purposes and I'm not really complaining it's there, and I tried my best to not stall the engine during the spin, but I think I still would've preferred to have a full race with autoclutch "antistall", rather than a 7 minute one with maximum realism. After all, I do sometimes use autoclutch with H-shifter cars anyway.

Oh well.

12. Nobkins

Nobkins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,074
    I am far from an F1 expert but I am sure they used to have (if they don;t any more) have an antistall system. Essentially autoclutch.

The reason why the game does not give a penalty for autoclutch is that not everyone has a three pedal setup.

Make sure autoblip and autolift are not enabled (unless you want them of course) as these will add a weight penalty I believe.

One other trick is to try to remember to keep the car rolling after a spin. They can be jump started if you stall but the car is moving. Just select 1st and let the clutch out. Saved me a few times. Even works in reverse after ending up rolling backwards. Just select reverse of course instead :D

13. Jakal31

Jakal31
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    But that's not entirely true.
    Yes, there is no weight penalty.
    But, there is indeed a sort of engine friction "penalty" to using auto clutch. Now, as I said, whether that applies to this specific car, I don't know. But I do know this friction "penalty" is a thing.
    Simple enough to test. Go do laps until within a tenth or so somewhere easy. Turn auto clutch on, do laps, turn it off, do laps.

Of course, in the end it's all a moot point to me.
    I won't use autoclutch just to save myself when it's my fault I didn't jump back in the clutch quick enough.
    Can learn some really nasty habits sim racing that are hard to break....not jumping in the clutch on a spin just being a small one. ...like a deer in headlights, just sit there and watch the car spin....stall, "oh yeah, that clutch pedal, that thing is useful huh" :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,406
    I tried ;) But it was too late.