Formula RaceRoom X17 Announced For RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 4.jpg

The latest performance open wheel car has been announced for RaceRoom Racing Experience - introducing the Formula RaceRoom X17...!

Based loosely on the looks of a modern 2017 specification Formula One car, what makes this new FRX17 car special is the decision by Sector3 Studios to retain a big, noisy, powerful V10 3.0 litre engine in the back of the car rather than the dreadful Hybrid Power Unit's currently doing the rounds in modern day Grand Prix racing.

The Formula RaceRoom X17 will become the most powerful and downforce efficient car within RaceRoom once it releases later in the year, overtaking the IndyCar style Formula US Dallara released back in February.

With this new car, Sector3 have gone a long way towards completing their open wheel career ladder within the game, having now covered off each step on the way to becoming a top tier Grand Prix driver. From Formula Ford style cars right the way up to Formula 2, IndyCar and Formula One style machinery, RaceRoom now have each rung of the ladder well represented within the title. Considering the very first downforce orientated single seater in the form of the Formula RaceRoom 2 only released back in December 2015, the rate of updating and releasing of new content from Sector3 has been rather impressive.

Now that the new FRX17 has been revealed, and the majority of the major open wheel racing world covered, it remains to be seen if Sector3 will look to develop further open wheel content or return their attentions to the more traditional field of touring and GT specification racing machinery.

The Formula X17 will benefit from the following performance features:
  • 3.0 liter V10
  • 950hp @ 19000 rpm
  • 370Nm @ 17000 rpm
  • 7 speed paddle shift
  • 620 kg including driver
  • 44/56% Weight distribution, including driver, excluding fuel
  • 150 liter fuel tank
  • Maximum theoretical downforce is aprox 2800 kg @ 322 km/h.
  • Traction Control available
  • DRS System
No release date has been confirmed by the Swedish studio, however with the car looking to be in a release ready state and having been teased already several months ago, it is not beyond ones imagination to assume the newest performance formula car could be released as early as the next major build update for the game, either towards the end of May or early June at the latest.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 2.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 3.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 5.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 6.jpg
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 8.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 7.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 9.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula X17 Preview 10.jpg

Looking forward to trying the FRX17? Happy to see more open wheel content in the game? Would you like to see more single seater cars added in future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Let me make the context of my remark clearer with this question. Do you think the current Indycar spec could take Eau Rouge flat out with ease? In R3E, Formula US which is based on the Dallara DW12, doesn't even break a sweat, it's barely a corner.

If I ever had a go in a real F1 car I'd probably puke after a few laps.

Well i'd imagine that with an F1 car roughly producing 8000 lb at 200mph and an Indy car road course set up doing about 5000 lb at 200mph (In real life) both should mange it pretty IMO of course.

Oh and what has your issue with holding onto your lunch have to do with nay of this?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%