RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why F1 doesn't go near this track anymore but it still would be nice if they used it once in awhile for the Italian GP instead of Monza.

No problem, Dean. I had my nose in as we came over that blind rise and I don't know if you closed me off or I drifted out into you but as soon as we touched the Porsche went crazy. When I saw you had stopped I told you to go ahead b/c I it was probably my fault more than yours for choosing a poor place to try to pass. Yeah, it was fun though:thumbsup:

Yeah, the penalty was bad enough (released the pit limiter just a second too soon on exit) but I made the poor choice again about tires and only changed the fronts and the car became completely undriveable. On almost every turn, the rear end would start drifting out in slow motion at about the apex and just keep drifting until I hit something and it came to rest. After several of these I figured I didn't need this kind of frustration and pulled the plug.
I also went with just fronts and it was almost undriveable. I’m not sure the time savings in pit was worth it.

fr90 at imola, hard to forget
CDB49F1F1AEE75D06A67BBAFF3D0BC2AFD7DDF1D

I also went with just fronts and it was almost undriveable. I’m not sure the time savings in pit was worth it.
I agree. This is the 2nd time I've tried to change just fronts and while the first time made the car difficult to handle this time it was literally uncontrollable. If you look at Dave Wyatt's stream at the 13:25 mark you'll see me trying to make turn 1. That's what was happening on all of the higher speed corners. I assume the physics involved made the front tires grip heavily which sent all the centrifugal force to the rears and they didn't have the same grip available as the fronts did so they just let go and once they got loose there was nothing I could do but sit and wait until it came to a stop.:mad::mad:

I did some races against the AI:
One race I only changed the front tires which resulted in lots of spins, so 4 tires was my choice for the pit stop.
Another race I tried starting with half fuel and refueled and changed 4 tires. Any time gained with lighter fuel load was negated plus another 4-5 seconds for the refueling.
KO

Last edited:
It looked like it was going to be a real battle with the top 3 qualifiers separated by 1 tenth of a second.

Lap 3 D. Bock sees a squirrel.
bocksquirrel.jpg

Lap 4 I try to take the lead from M. Wyatt through Portimao Corner.
wyattslettenport.jpg

Lap 5 M. Wyatt channels Joey Chitwood in Corner 1
wyattchitwood.jpg

After M. Wyatt ricocheted off the curb in Corner 1 J. Smith kept after me throughout the rest of the race never more than 2-3 seconds behind.

KO

What a shame...

Qualified second (best qualifying in online career) and the SteamVr crashes during Warmup.
What a shame that it isn't possible to rejoin in warm up... Really frustrated.
Hope you will have a nice race!
CU then!
Cheers Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline