• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US Formula Raceroom X-90 Cup @ Imola Tue Sep 17 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Aug 6, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 17-09-19
  1. Luke Maney

Luke Maney
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    Sign me up please

• Love Love x 1
  2. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +690
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +56
    Sign me up

• Love Love x 1
  4. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    I'm in.

• Love Love x 1
  5. ko41

ko41
    Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    So I beat my previous best lap by 0.12 sec, but I was 0.9 sec slower through the first two sectors than my previous best lap :confused: darned if I can get that 0.9 back.:poop: :O_o:

KO

6. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Don’t worry. I would hit a wall on this track car combo, and it felt like I couldn’t get any faster. But once I walked away for s bit, and came back I’d gain a sec! it’s just like that with these cars.

7. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +72
    Are you guys messing with tire pressures? My leaderboard time is slower than my practice times with 20 psi tires.

8. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Not yet. What I normally do is run leaderboard to get fastest setup, then go to normal practice to see if tire pressure and fuel loads make a difference. I wish you can flash to start of lap in practice like you can in leaderboards. That’s the main reason I even use the leaderboard.

9. Racker2

Racker2
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    Let me in. Let me in!

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +690
    IN x 3 or should it be 4?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  11. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +575
    I will be there, sign me up!

Steve Miller comes to mind:

Flyyyy like an eagle, let my spirit carry me,I wanna flyyyyy....:confused:

• Love Love x 1
  12. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,131
    this one :whistling::whistling::whistling::D:inlove:

lucifers friend is life

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    I spent a lot of time last night trying to get the car to do what I wanted. I am now withing sight of your time on the leaderboard for one of the cars (just behind you), but the darn car is skittish. I cannot tune out the skittishness enough to be able to turn fast times consistently.

The worst part of the track for me is the one part I can always make up time: The back chicane. Usually I can nail that chicane and use the curbs to help rotate the car but in this case the brakes cannot stop me fast enough to get a clean line. If I brake earlier I lose a lot of time.

I think part of my issue is the very tight track limits, seemingly unrealistic in some corners, and that is messing with me.

I do prefer a tighter car. Perhaps that is why I did so well at Road America...But that does not explain the Sonoma race...

Good thing is that the set-ups are transferable from one car to the other. I did most of my set-up in the V10 and then jumped into the V-8 and just loaded the V10 set up into the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ko41

ko41
    Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    I've only tried the V-8 so far.
    Chicanes are my nemesis, if I nail the chicane then I throw it all away in Rivazza turns 15 and 16 either I understeer or I oversteer or I'm too fast in or too slow in or I just plain blow it any way I can. :confused::mad::cry::whistling::roflmao::O_o:

KO

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    You can make up a ton of time in the chicane. Mess with your dampers too try and get it to not bounce over the curb. Also, you can ride at least halfway up on them before you hit track limit. You need to be all the way wide before the first kink of the chicane, brake super hard so the car rotates a tad, and get your wheels all the way up on it. This will set you up nice for the second curb. If done correctly, you will be right up to those rumble strips after the chicane. Carry your speed wide on the run off portion of the track, then gradually come back on.:)

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. ko41

ko41
    Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    Sounds easy enough.:):ninja: I'll give it a go.:thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    They are quite fun but if you haven't tried the Group C go to the competition. Those things are a challenge but rewarding. Imo best in R3E.

I understand the FR90 is not supposed to be historically accurate and is more likely representing an era however, if the car was indeed a 1990, it would be a 6 Speed H-Pattern dog box lift and shift type thing. Even if it were a 1991-1993, only 1/3 to 1/2 the teams had paddle shift sequential boxes by 1993 so it's not a 1993. It cannot be a 1995 or newer because by then most teams with the exception of Williams, Jordan and Ferrari had the raised nose with spoiler below popularized first by Benetton and not long after, everyone. So for the car to be paddle shift, with the body style as it is (1992 Ferrari or maybe McLaren), the closest thing it could be is 1994 but most 1994 F1 had a curved nose not an angled slope.

The little driver has a HANS device so we are technically racing a Retro Historic series otherwise his pencil would be snapable.

Not complaining... just observations.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    I don't follow. What about it? I'm curious.

19. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +149
    Has anyone been able to use a H shifter and clutch with these? I can't seem to get that to show up as an option, only semi-auto, which is a shame. I know teams started using paddles around 91, but even if it was entirely inaccurate it would be fun to drive these fully manual.

20. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    Nah, I tried when they first came out, and was scratching my head a little that paddles were the only option. RF2 is cool in this situation because you can shift any way you'd like. I use my sequential stick to make it a little more believable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.