• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US Formula Raceroom US @ Indianapolis - Tue Aug 20 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 17, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 20-08-19
  1. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    Another one for Dan's trophy case.

Attached Files:

• Haha Haha x 1
  2. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Hey look. If David didn't spin.... Boy was on me like flies on doodoo

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Missed ya Bud

4. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm glad that you caught it in time, and managed to put the fire out. But yeah, that is a dozy. I can see a dog turning a stove on though. Especially a gas stove with front mounted knobs. One hop up to see what's happening, and a paw could push the knob in, and when a dog drops down, they normally twist to see where they are falling. That twist is what most likely turned the knob to that sweet spot where ignite and full heat exist.

Undestood about leaving the race. Good to see that you are all safe.

5. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
  6. ko41

ko41
    Premium

Ratings:
    +32
    A lonely 4th place finish after a pit speeding penalty. Otherwise it looked like it was going to be a battle with BP all the way to the end.
    You must need to have the whole car over the pit exit line before you disengage the pit limiter.

KO

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    Hope all had a good time. See ya next week at SPA :D

This weeks random VRP winners are;
    @ko41
    @TR_S
    @Wilko Jones

• Love Love x 1
  8. TrumpetReich

TrumpetReich
    Premium

Ratings:
    +136
    How'd the race unfold?

9. emarchena

emarchena
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Great race guys, sorry for the crash at the start, I lost control of the wheelspin. Looking forward for next week event!

• Beer Beer x 2
  10. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    That's OK emarchena. I had trouble with launching the car too. I would expect the car to feel as if it had more grip seeing that it chews through it's tires so quickly, but that just doesn't seem to be the case. One thing about it though, it does have a lot of stability at high speeds. Too bad there isn't an Oval in Raceroom. There the Formula US car would shine.

WOO HOO! This just made my day. :D

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    Really sorry I missed it. I got home from work (75 mile drive), picked up my GF and had to drive her down to the most southern part of San Diego, from the Temecula area. Another 80 mile drive in traffic. Then I had to drive back home. I was hoping to make the start but, alas, even in my ST I was severly limited by miles, traffic and time.

See you all next week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  12. TR_S

TR_S
    Premium

Ratings:
    +28
    I bogged it on the start and couldn't get going which actually saved me from a wreck in front of me.

13. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +456
    A 75 mile one way trip home from work - there's something you won't read about in one of the EU based clubs! :D

"Mate, that's 'alfway 'cross me 'ole bleedin' country!"

• Haha Haha x 2
  14. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    Lol. The last job I had I drove 100 miles one way. Of course I only worked 10 days a month, and my trip was on a freeway that had little traffic, so it was not so bad. I used to get to work in less time that it takes me to drive the 12 miles from my work to the LA civic center.

15. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +456
    Wow, 100 mi, that's crazy! I drive 12 miles one way in Denver...traffic here is starting to do it's best to imitate LA, I'm afraid! :confused:

Found out the other day the average commute distance for people at the company I work for is 18 miles...everyone takes it for granted here I think, but that is a pretty big number. It's nice that we have the space we do here and I suppose it's part of the American dream to have a yard and elbow room and all that, but it does get to be a drain sometimes (all the traffic, the miles, etc).

16. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    The distance is more of a challenge now than it was prior to 2013 for me. Now I have to do the drive every day and while my morning commute goes quickly (for the distance) I have to leave my house at 0330. The afternoon commute is a bear because it is on one of the busiest freeways in SoCal and the only one that directly takes me to my home in the Inland Empire. The first time I did the drive before a holiday weekend (Thanksgiving 2013), it took me six hours to get home. Now if the traffic is bad I will do the majority of the drive on streets, only getting on the freeway at the choke-point in Santa Ana Canyon.

Before 2013 I was a firefighter/medic and we worked 24 hour shifts. My job was in the high-desert north-east of San Bernardino, Ca. and the drive was on the I15 which at that time was relatively lightly traveled, thus my commute was easy going both ways. The only time I had issues was in 2003 and I was trying to get to my station while the Grand Prix fire was going on "Down The Hill". The fire jumped the freeway right in front of me and I had to take a big detour...Just to get to my station so I could go to the fire...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.