• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US Formula Raceroom US @ Indianapolis - Tue Aug 20 2019

Discussion in 'R3E Racing Club & Leagues' started by David DeGreef, Jul 17, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 20-08-19
  1. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    Said Claire Williams.

• Haha Haha x 2
  2. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Sounds about right. Lowering the splitter and wing a click will get that mph and more without changing final drive, and with p2p, well into 190's. Just sayin:thumbsup:

edit: That's 190+ with a taller final drive

3. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Nice Steve! I tuned in just when the wind ripped off the rear wing on a historic F1 car!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Armstrong

Sean Armstrong
    Premium

Ratings:
    +38
    This is going to be fun. These cars are a bit wild in the way I like it

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +456
    I never thought I'd be saying these words, because I find the default setups in R3E to be almost universally set to understeer a bit, but this car wants to oversteer on me quite a bit. I had a bit of success tweaking the setup to let me get the power down a bit harder/sooner.

7. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I wish I knew about this during the lead up to the Multiclass race at Road America. The lap around actually pointed out some issues I have with the course. Thank You Steve!

9. Jean Pierre Vitabar

Jean Pierre Vitabar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    Hola, ¿puedes inscribirme en este evento?

10. Jean Pierre Vitabar

Jean Pierre Vitabar
    Premium

Ratings:
    +9
    I better not run, it is at 03:00 am Spanish time

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  11. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    Dunno to be honest. In 2016 P2P gave an extra 20 hp. I guess that would jibe with your numbers.

12. 2112

Premium

Ratings:
    +117
    I am gonna suck Tuesday. I cannot get as fast as I want and I know my lap times are not near what I have seen on the leaderboard times. For some reason I do not like this car. When I got tired of trying to set up the car with poor results I did the 90's F1 competition, got in the V10 and threw that car around Spa like no one's business. I just set times with default and know I could have gotten much faster with more laps.

This indy car? I see middle of the pack for me if I am lucky. Hope there are a bunch around me to race with.

13. David DeGreef

David DeGreef
    R3E Racing Club Host US Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    By the looks of the leaderboard I'd say Dan may be the lonely one with no one to race with:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,067
    add some balast to the fast boy :coffee:

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  15. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Hahaha you guys are too much. It might not look like it, but I struggled a lot before I started chiseling away at the leaderboard. Like I said before... I'm gonna preach it again. Low downforce is key. There's no way I could have done those times with stock wing. I figured it out when I was ghosting the #1 guy on the board, and as soon as I crossed the start line, he would come right past me. I knew it wasn't because he was getting a better run out of the last corner of the S's (very important btw). So for Shits and Giggles I lowered the wings way down, further than I thought was realistic. Well what do you know, I was faster! I did seriously do a lot of tinkering with setup to get some grip back in it. Unbelievably I ended up with a faster car that also handled better!? For some reason, having a lower wing makes it more drive able…. less snappy I suppose.

Anyway..... Ya'll wanna see it??

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    upload_2019-8-19_19-34-58.png

This nets me 188 at the end of the straight. That's without a draft or p2p. In the race I'd consider lowering 6th gear a tick. That way when you p2p you will be up in the 190's.:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. sc4dr

sc4dr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    20190819203435_1.jpg
    Here's another quick one. This one is faster through the road course

18. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones
    Premium

Ratings:
    +11
    I got to try those. I also figured out my FOV issue. It took some adjusting the camera, but I left the FOV multiplier at 0.5x. What can I say, I like that setting.

That gave me a little more connection with the car and I am no longer guessing about where the car is on the track. Now to take Dan's setups out for a spin... Probably a literal spin.:roflmao:

Tires. Who is getting along with the Black tires? The reds are softer than kneaded erasers. One lap and I had the reds at 97% Holy Cheese Balls, Batman! The black tires are tougher, but they don't have the same amount of grip. If we were running an Oval, I'd go with the Black tires, but in a road course, so far I feel better with the Reds.

19. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +539
    Put me in coach

• Love Love x 1
  20. Keith_G

Keith_G
    Premium

Ratings:
    +451
    A word to the wise: There is no 'Launch control' since indy car uses a rolling start. Make certain to practice starts!! If you leave your first gear short and try to come out of the hole quickly you will be facing the wrong way very fast:notworthy: It takes some pretty good clutch control (don't know what it is like with automatic clutch) to get a fast start without taking out half the start grid:thumbsdown: My first gear is set around 12.375

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.