Formula RaceRoom Junior RELEASED

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Formula RaceRoom Jnr.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience developers Sector3 Studios have released a nice preview video of the upcoming Formula RaceRoom Junior, a low powered open wheel race car based on the popular Formula Ford entry level racer.

EDIT: Formula RaceRoom Junior is now available to purchase in store for RaceRoom Racing Experience (14.4.16)!

Sector3 have recently taken the open wheel route with a release of a GP2 spec high performance Formula RaceRoom 2 series car and this latest single seater to find a home in the sim is another step towards creating a development ladder all the way from entry level open wheel competition right to the pinnacle of high performance single seater racing.

With the new Formula RaceRoom Junior very close to release and the incoming F4 Tatuus already showing signs of progress Sector3 continue to expand the scope of R3E from its traditional tin top focused content to a wider spread of the racing spectrum.

The Formula RaceRoom Junior will feature a 4 speed manual transmission hooked up to a 1.8 litre 145hp engine for a low power wheel to wheel racing experience.

No release date for this new car has been set but players of the sim can expect it to arrive in store very soon...

Formula RaceRoom Junior Preview Video:

Have a look at our epic RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club for loads of fun racing in packed grids against friendly guys of all different skill levels.

RaceDepartment also has our very own RaceRoom Racing Experience forum will all the latest news, discussions and setups to download and try. Head on over and take a look what other sim racers are saying about the sim.

Last edited:
I just took it for a test drive and tbh I'm not completely convinced, you balance these things with the throttle and that's what makes them so much fun, that doesn't seem to be there with this one, more testing maybe, could still be a good crack to race

While it is great there are all these news cars and yes these do look great fun I wish they would sort out ai. Tried it again last night and they could not handle some corners turned into a traffic jam of parked cars on the first lap. Also tried brands last night and like this vid the ai is a lot slower in that first corner than us. Yes i know take it online but I always prefer ams online although I am gonna try the wtcc race tonight at sonoma

A Formula Vee / Skip Barber ish car?
Great addition!
more like Bram said, Formula Ford. We had this before, but now to a sim. :D

(no, I'm not joking about R3E not being a sim. I'm pointing to another game)

and last time Sector3 said "will be released soon", they released the Audi R18 only a few hours later. so stay tunned!

Oh man this should be a lot of fun at the club races. I just took it for a spin and its awesome. Another thing is, the sound engineer for R3E, must be a magician, incredible sound on this one again!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edit: I don't know what to do... i have 1600vrp's waiting for ADAC, Bentley, McLaren, BMW... Should i buy this or not yet..... ohhh frustrating. :geek::geek::geek:

Last edited:
more like Bram said, Formula Ford. We had this before, but now to a sim. :D
Ya, i've read that, just don't know what Formula Ford is :D
This one looks like Formula Vee in AMS, which are a damn fun to drive.
(Although i think F-Vee has way less horsepower)

Let's be careful here, I noticed that at the moment when you try to buy it you only get 1 livery.
Isn't it usually that way that if you buy a single car it only comes with 1 livery?

While it is great there are all these news cars and yes these do look great fun I wish they would sort out ai. Tried it again last night and they could not handle some corners turned into a traffic jam of parked cars on the first lap. Also tried brands last night and like this vid the ai is a lot slower in that first corner than us. Yes i know take it online but I always prefer ams online although I am gonna try the wtcc race tonight at sonoma
What AI settings do you use Paul?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back