Formula RaceRoom 90 Coming to R3E Next Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have confirmed their latest open wheel car is coming to the sim - rejoice historic racing fans!

Although the FR90 is a 'fantasy' design, it doesn't take much imagination to make the connection between the FR90 and very early 1990's era Formula One machinery - much to the joy of fans of historic Grand Prix racing.

Coming in three distinct flavours - V8, V10 and V12, the FR90 delivers some incredible audio thanks to the efforts for @anthony monteil and Sector3, as well as producing a very raw and entertaining driving experience behind the wheel.. as anyone who watched Grand Prix racing in the early 1990's would undoubtedly expect from this sort of machine.

RaceRoom Formula RR90.jpg

Although no exact release date has been given for when this new DLC will drop, Sector3 have confirmed it will be made available alongside the upcoming update - expected to drop for the sim as early as next week.

Stay tuned to the RaceDepartment YouTube and Twitch channel in the coming days for a new 'Talk n Drive' with these awesome cars..

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Head over to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest from the Sector3 Studios developed racing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

This is going to make for some awesome racing. It's kind of funny I put together an AI season and get about halfway through it and something gets released that makes me abandon it.:roflmao:
Good problem to have.

So many great things coming out lately in all the racing sims. I am as happy as a pig swimming in poo.

Mod edit: Please don't bypass our filters. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston, anybody confirming the sounds of the trailer to be in game...over?

They claim it to be in game sound, it would only bute them in rear if that were to be proven a lie.
R3E always had outstanding sound, especially when spectating, although Incannot give you that confirmation I am confident that this will be the case yet again.

Beyond the sounds I am curious about how the differently engined FR90 cars will perform against eachother. Strengths and weaknesses etc.

It would of been pretty cool had they gone down a route of making one car light and nimble, yet underpowered (the V8), based on the Tyrrell 019. The V10 car being based on the Williams or McLaren, a sort of mid range handling and power, and then the V12 with more power but heavier...Buuuut - this will still be a nice addition, so i will buy it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back