Formula RaceRoom 90 Coming to R3E Next Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sector3 Studios have confirmed their latest open wheel car is coming to the sim - rejoice historic racing fans!

Although the FR90 is a 'fantasy' design, it doesn't take much imagination to make the connection between the FR90 and very early 1990's era Formula One machinery - much to the joy of fans of historic Grand Prix racing.

Coming in three distinct flavours - V8, V10 and V12, the FR90 delivers some incredible audio thanks to the efforts for @anthony monteil and Sector3, as well as producing a very raw and entertaining driving experience behind the wheel.. as anyone who watched Grand Prix racing in the early 1990's would undoubtedly expect from this sort of machine.

RaceRoom Formula RR90.jpg

Although no exact release date has been given for when this new DLC will drop, Sector3 have confirmed it will be made available alongside the upcoming update - expected to drop for the sim as early as next week.

Stay tuned to the RaceDepartment YouTube and Twitch channel in the coming days for a new 'Talk n Drive' with these awesome cars..

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Head over to the RaceRoom sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest from the Sector3 Studios developed racing simulation.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Fantastic addition to the Raceroom openwheelers. If I compare Raceroom formula cars with AC and AMS, R3E are the best for me. What we need in this sim are historic tracks and real F1 liveries and drivers names for singleplayer, and experience will be complete.

Hmmm, but there are many onboard videos from the early 90s with manual gearbox.

Well depends on what they choose to implement .. 1991 was I thing the year when it started with semiautomatics ...
But there were still manual F1 racing .. certainly in 93 .. perhaps I got it wrong and semi auto is not what you consider as typical formula 1 in 90s

EDIT ... 95 was last time manual transmission was used in race

Last edited:
Well depends on what they choose to implement .. 1991 was I thing the year when it started with semiautomatics ...
But there were still manual F1 racing .. certainly in 93 .. perhaps I got it wrong and semi auto is not what you consider as typical formula 1 in 90s

EDIT ... 95 was last time manual transmission was used in race
This is a 90,s Ferrari I have reference to, this appears to have paddles.:)
ab5da21f845571cb13d84f8fbcbaf5c3.jpg

EDIT, sure it says 92 on the plaque,
this is a 90 it says though,
upload_2019-5-25_23-33-26.png

Nice! Better late than never I guess (rFactor had these years ago!). I for one prefer open wheel racing so I hope the guys here at RD will have some Club and League races including these beasts as soon as they come to DLC?:p

Also: I hope Sector 3 thought to include all of the tire choices, i.e....qualify, soft, medium, hard?

Last edited:
Now if only they would add a UI option to setup triple screens this would probably be my go to sim.
I have been SIM racing since 2007, and have had and raced with many sims...rFactor, rFactor 2, GTR 2, Race 07, AMS, GSCE, etc...

In my opinion Raceroom is the best there is! It doesn't tax your system, the cars sound fantastic and accurate and the graphics are top notch. Now I have yet to try Assetto Corsa or PC 2, but Raceroom is my go to SIM, I am hooked!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 44 9.9%
  • €3001-5000