Formula raceroom 2

@andy: hmm not saying I`m crazy about R3E bussines model but somehow I manage to keep it price friendly and having all content I want ..
You pay for what you want to drive (luckily you can try all content first) and you don`t have to pay for 15 Lotus roadcars when you probably stick with 2 of them as they are almost the same ..

But Mr Ouvert, paying £5 odd for one car and a some paints is a bit too steep and silly people like me keep doing it. The Audi TT pack is just one car. If you go to the individual TT cars, they are still nearly £4 just for one and no more liveries. That is steep. But hey ho, we pays our money and takes our choice. :thumbsup:

But Mr Ouvert, paying £5 odd for one car and a some paints is a bit too steep and silly people like me keep doing it. The Audi TT pack is just one car. If you go to the individual TT cars, they are still nearly £4 just for one and no more liveries. That is steep. But hey ho, we pays our money and takes our choice. :thumbsup:
well the way I buy content in R3E Audi TT would cost me £2.29 at this moment .. and yes it can be expensive but you can make it resonably cheap ..
So far I`ve spent 34.99 Euro (28.7 GBP) worth vRPs in R3E and I have a more than I need (DTM, DTM92, ADAC14, GTR3 class, WTCC, M1, almost all tracks) .. there are few cars I wanna have and one track but there is no poing buying old content at this mmt till it gets physic update ..

Last edited:
I have to say, store sucks, big time. How do you add VRP now? How can i know what account i am using? Since i need to login to a website to get vrp, that is not in the same system as the rest, i have no active logins.. So.. on what account i need to add the vrp is "quite" important.. In-game, there seems to be loss of functionality, store hangs if you don't have VRP ready, it never goes anywhere after confirm purchase but that is what i read with google that it doesn't work. Is this so?

What do i have to do to buy anything?

edit: ok, got the answer but man, it WASN'T easy to find..

Last edited:
From my experience: Buying VRP in Raceroomstore.com does not require an account. Just check out as a guest.in the game, just paste the key you received in the top right corner where your current amount of VRP is shown. Or just buy with your Steam account. I never had any issues, but live in Germany. That helps me, I never encounter the gremlins others have.

From my experience: Buying VRP in Raceroomstore.com does not require an account. Just check out as a guest.in the game, just paste the key you received in the top right corner where your current amount of VRP is shown. Or just buy with your Steam account. I never had any issues, but live in Germany. That helps me, I never encounter the gremlins others have.

Mine is a bug, overlay that never loads the content and leaves hanging on top of everything. I also wanted to know how the system works, well, needed to know it, what if i tested it with temp email account and then realized i need a real one?... That is not the way to do this. Buying with my Steam account, meaning, i buy steam wallet or? None of this is explained anywhere, the instructions are very vague. Ingame vrp button says i vrp is now live.. that is it.. no way of buying ingame VRP.. that is sad actually, if you REALLy love r3e, you make a noise over thse things.. First responses i got from elsewhere where pretty much "yeah but it's easy if you go here and do this....". That is not easy until you know the steps ;) Fanboys leave these things often ignored as it doesn't bother them, we give a lot leeway on bugs and gltiches.. Hell, i've played games that crash three times a day and still absolutely defended every part of them..

The sales model is distracting for many and has been the sole movie star of many feature films. But I won't defend it, more useful should be this thread:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/r3e-pricing-discounts-and-tips.107497/

Have you enabled Steam overlay? This is a known issue, but you need to activate something in Steam. Once again, it is working for the vast majority, but that obviously doesn't help you, when you are in trouble.

Last edited:
I purchased it too, but when you stop and think about it, it is expensive. A fiver for one car and some liveries that modders would have done if they could have. I'm getting a bit fed up of RRE's cost build up.
I hear what you're saying and I agree to an extent. However, after working out the maths it seems this pack will cost me about £2.20. That's after bulk-buying 2000 vRP on the RaceRoom store which provides a good discount in itself. I really can't complain too much for that price. I'll get many hours out of the FR2 pack for just a couple of pounds. That's fine by me.

Obviously buying vRP in bulk requires the buyer to be on board with the R3E concept but it does reduce the cost of this game quite considerably.

Bought the pack....if you only buy a single skin, you still see all the others in offline and MP, so its your choice to have as many skins as you want to use yourself. I generally just pick one favorite in each class, but the pack is cheap this time.

I hear what you're saying and I agree to an extent. However, after working out the maths it seems this pack will cost me about £2.20. That's after bulk-buying 2000 vRP on the RaceRoom store which provides a good discount in itself. I really can't complain too much for that price. I'll get many hours out of the FR2 pack for just a couple of pounds. That's fine by me.

Obviously buying vRP in bulk requires the buyer to be on board with the R3E concept but it does reduce the cost of this game quite considerably.
Well that's false economy. You are only allowed to use the vrp you have purchased in RRE. It's not as if you can spend it any where else. You still spent real money on pretend money.;):thumbsup:

Well that's false economy. You are only allowed to use the vrp you have purchased in RRE. It's not as if you can spend it any where else. You still spent real money on pretend money.;):thumbsup:
Not really, because as I said at the end of my post, buying vRP in bulk requires the buyer to be on board with the game and the sales model. By doing so you are committing to further purchases in exchange for a good saving. If you're not comfortable with the cost and/or the sales model then there is no point doing so.

Buying vRP in bulk is certainly not a false economy for me as I know I will spend it on upcoming content. It's a way to make an expensive game a little more reasonable.

The sales model is distracting for many and has been the sole movie star of many feature films. But I won't defend it, more useful should be this thread:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/r3e-pricing-discounts-and-tips.107497/

Have you enabled Steam overlay? This is a known issue, but you need to activate something in Steam. Once again, it is working for the vast majority, but that obviously doesn't help you, when you are in trouble.

One of the first things i tried, steam overlay... I have it usually off, no change. I'm not at all the only one, there were bunch of issues and simple google search brings out tons of posts asking te exact same thing "how can i buy?"...

Once there was VRP in the account balance, everything went smoothly, really, really, well. Buying content and having it in 2 seconds, no problems anywhere... Once there is VRP in account ;) The most important thing for me was the lack of knowledge on how to buy VRP, that information was waayyyy too hard to get and the websites and searches add even more confusion. VRPs need to be bought from Raceroom Shop and it's address is raceroomstore.com, if you google "raceroom store", it takes you to game webpage, raceroom.net/store... Everything smells like "fanboys getting used to how it works and forgetting to complain about it"..

I don't mind if that kind of "shop" exists apparently outside the game and that you could possibly get 5% discount from it if you know it. Those kind of "secrets" are great metagame, the more there is off-track action the better, people follow forums, ask around, spread the info on FB groups etc. it is all great PR... But that means the payment system has to work 100% first before you can start going meta. Game is good enough for that to happen, it can carry that metagame (if that term is not known, for sharing youtube videos ingame, that is one part of that metagame too as it extends well beyond what is installed on your steam library, everything you do to that involves playing the game, talking about setups, installing 3rd party HUDs, sharing knwoledge, you are not driving but you are still engaged in the game... does it show i've been a full year now indie dev and possibly researched the hell out of this stuff.. ;) ...)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 496 39.2%