RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:I have been invited out for a slap up feast and cannot refuse:cry::cry::cry::cry: I will miss you all until next tuesday. Life can be so vexing.:( Still look on the bright side....I will not be lapped on sunday;)

Here is an idea. How about a championship with 8 races, 10 points for a win going down to 1 point etc. But the overall champion is the one closest to 30 points at the end? That will mess with their heads. :laugh:;) Imagine some trying not to win to keep their points lower? :sneaky:

Good idea @Andy Jackson This is a brilliant idea. It would be very interesting to see the results table at the end. Lets get it organised. :thumbsup:

After the slap up feast on sunday I will need the exercise. May I accompany you mighty men and women on your quest for the ultimate crown of glory? :)

Reactions: Si
Well, I did surprisingly well considering that I had just the one lap during qually to practice on. Second race was a straight crash, unfortunately.

One thing I do notice is that in whatever R3E race I partake in I am always much faster off the line then the people around me. I tend to start by putting the throttle in what I consider to be the halfway spot and then drop the cluth, subsequently alternating the throttle to find the best traction.
I seem to be getting worse at starts, must think I'm heading to the shops or something:confused:

Choose the Honda 2013 for race 1 to celebrate Norbert Michelisz' (who I met in person at Spa 2014) works driver contract for 2016. And fitting to Hungaroring, I consider...
I took TC2 pole with (I think) THREE seconds, but make it two, can't believe I read it correctly.
In the race I had massive fun standing in the way of many^^ 2014 cars. Was leading TC2 by noideahowmuch, when in the last lap I (once again) ran out of fuel.:unsure:
@Kenny Paton was fuel set to 2x as well?

For race 2 I decided to go German and race Franz Engstler's (who I also met in person at Spa 2014;)) BMW. But with teeth cleaning and floss I didn't qualify. Turn one ended my intentions, when I got spun (what happens) and then angry as noone seemed to wait for me. Having had a look at the replay I now saw poor @Lars Hansen touched me ever so slightly (why did it spin me:O_o:) when he got hit before and after and got half-spun himself by another car...oh well, not much anyone can do. Hit seemed bigger than it was, all fine here:)
I "played" a bit of 2013 racing with @Phil Davies, we seemed to be the only thirteeners left for race 2. Would you like to do some setup testing, Phil, seems your diffs and ARBs made it tough for you.

Why is everyone driving fourteeners these days:redface:

Choose the Honda 2013 for race 1 to celebrate Norbert Michelisz' (who I met in person at Spa 2014) works driver contract for 2016. And fitting to Hungaroring, I consider...
I took TC2 pole with (I think) THREE seconds, but make it two, can't believe I read it correctly.
In the race I had massive fun standing in the way of many^^ 2014 cars. Was leading TC2 by noideahowmuch, when in the last lap I (once again) ran out of fuel.:unsure:
@Kenny Paton was fuel set to 2x as well?

Why is everyone driving fourteeners these days:redface:

Fuel was set at normal, I will turn it off next week but keep the tyre wear on as it adds interest to the race since 2013 cars are easier on the tyres.
The problem is when I only pick one year then I get requests for the other to be added to let more people race.:)

Thanks for the information. I don't understand why the game drills holes in my tank every race. I know, I squeeze the lemon a bit more than others, but how can a tank run dry in only 25 minutes? Seems so buggy...
In race 2 I came home, the beemer is slower in my hands and maybe that made it last. But I remember close to the finish I had 12 litres still. The difference is huge.

Folks, don't request 14, buy 13! And the fastest drivers pick the slower cars then:thumbsup:

The problem is when I only pick one year then I get requests for the other to be added to let more people race.

Although these cars did race together in 2014, they did so in a multiclass setup, as they are really too different (I think the 2014 cars have 100 bhp more to start with, as well as much better aero and essentially being the Group Bs made out of carbon). I've seen Rfactor and PCars events which limited the amount of drivers that could sign up for a certain class to ensure that Le Mans races are not 20 LMPs and 4 GTs, perhaps that could be an option here? make it an even split?

Although these cars did race together in 2014, they did so in a multiclass setup, as they are really too different (I think the 2014 cars have 100 bhp more to start with, as well as much better aero and essentially being the Group Bs made out of carbon). I've seen Rfactor and PCars events which limited the amount of drivers that could sign up for a certain class to ensure that Le Mans races are not 20 LMPs and 4 GTs, perhaps that could be an option here? make it an even split?
It's more a case of what cars people own than a class issue, and that's an issue in several cases.

@Kenny Paton Please don't tag me as i'm switching back to AC. Too many bugs in RRRE, too many races and hours wasted to get on to the servers. But cheers lads it was good experience and fun driving with you guys. Let me know when all bugs get sorted and then i'll be back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%