Alright when was that again.....?

Mercedes developed with an extra gear and a extreme amount of money last season to get an engine as fast as the uncatchable Ferrari.
Now that Ferrari was caught cheating, the Mercedes car turned out to be on a complete other level than the rest of the field.
So in a way Ferrari messed up more than just last seasons results.
Their faul actions even have consequences in this season, also for the Ferrari clients.

Have you all seen the updated fueling regulations for the race this Saturday? I know we have to keep watch with BOP but this is getting confusing.

refuel.jpg

Bottas is a very substandard driver, yet in the Merc he is apparently the 2nd best driver on the grid.....THAT is how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Bottas sounded a bit angsty today, with being held back from racing, but he knows in the cold light of day if he jumped ship to to another team he'd never get another podium let alone a win...

Bottas scored plenty of podiums with a rather average Williams, best example was Canada 2016 when he had no business to be on the podium with that year's Williams. The problem is many drivers look good in a midfield car, but putting them next to someone like Hamilton or Verstappen exposes their weaknesses (in Bottas' case, race pace). So yeah, it is what it is, but Bottas isn't really doing any worse than Albon in the other Red Bull (or Vettel in Ferrari for that matter).

You were strangely absent after Monza... i wonder why.
Why does Monza matter? Monza simply makes it worse for the rest of the field because it puts Mercedes as a team that much more on alert by making sure that they dot every I and cross every T for future races. Mercedes destroys everyone else because they work as a team without pointing fingers at each other.

Just ask any Ferrari driver if they ever had that - Nope. That's why they're on a downward spiral and have been for many years.

Mercedes developed with an extra gear and a extreme amount of money last season to get an engine as fast as the uncatchable Ferrari.
Now that Ferrari was caught cheating, the Mercedes car turned out to be on a complete other level than the rest of the field.
So in a way Ferrari messed up more than just last seasons results.
Their faul actions even have consequences in this season, also for the Ferrari clients.
Cheating?! You mean when directives closed loopholes that Ferrari was using, and not loopholes that other engine manufacturers are using. ;)

Apart from Kimi being a Boss he drove a good race and beat a Ferrari and scored points with a 5 sec penalty.

Congrats to Albon , really happy for him but he has been underperforming compared to Max race and should always pick points if Max is not there anyway.....so 3rd is expected.

Lewis clearly played with Bottas keeping the gap no less than 1.3secs .
My 2 cents too. For me there isn't really a clear dotd. Maybe because there happened just too much. For Stroll's puncture, Russell was well underway for scoring his first points, which he should have well deserved. But the last stint, with all others on red... His position was not maintainable.

And Leclerc outperformed his car bigtime. But in the end he was a sitting duck on the straight.

Though not clear reqlly clear, my choices therefore will be both Leclerc and Russell. Both having their share of bad luck while outperforming the materials they have to deal with.

Bottas scored plenty of podiums with a rather average Williams, best example was Canada 2016 when he had no business to be on the podium with that year's Williams. The problem is many drivers look good in a midfield car, but putting them next to someone like Hamilton or Verstappen exposes their weaknesses (in Bottas' case, race pace). So yeah, it is what it is, but Bottas isn't really doing any worse than Albon in the other Red Bull (or Vettel in Ferrari for that matter).

But that year wasn't an average Williams.... Certainly a world away from 2019 and 2020 Williams.
It was a podium car at that point.

Only a tenth slower than the best racing driver that ever lived.
Racing for the best F1 team that ever excisted.
He is doing really well.

Only a tenth slower than the best racing driver that ever lived.
Racing for the best F1 team that ever excisted.
He is doing really well.

Right, you are having some fantasy. Everybody will be 1st and 2nd in that Mercedes.. Bottas is a average driver. Some people found Rosberg already average.

@ZuneGuy I wonder how someone could be the best driver if he drive into a closed pitlane after years of experience?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years