Alright when was that again.....?

Well, even when Marc was dominant it wasn't a walk in the park and he still had several people being strong opposition for racewins with Rins, Viniales, Petrucci, Quartararo and Dovi last year. This year is even more unpredictable and you are easily last if you are half a second off the pace. I would argue that the Honda was allways tailored to suit Marcs driving style, wich makes a much bigger difference in motocycle racing than with cars, as trust in your machinery is just so much more important while going over 300 with zero protection allways putting your life at risk. So I can understand other riders struggling with a bike that isn't build for their riding styles and it shows that Honda needs to work on their strategy in case an accident for Marc ends worse.

Getting back to the F1 problem. Why is it such a big deal to give smaller or weaker teams more sets of tires per raceweekend, more power units throughout the season or weight penalties for the stronger teams and drivers as it is done in BTCC. This should be easily managable for the next season atleast to get the teams on a more equal playing field without having to compromise the importance of development with capped budgets.

Because then you have Mr. Wolff saying F1 is not WWE or NASCAR, and vetoing everything, to suit his agenda.

Teams can't have all this power, or else they just vote to keep the status quo.

I vote for him

Attachments

• 5304028_HiRes.jpg
    5304028_HiRes.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 268
lewis:seemed to struggle a little bit in this weekend,bad 1st start,then perfect in every important moment.

albon:at the end a good race,very good overtakes and the gap between him and max wasn't so much as usually(even if still a gap)

kimi:well,considering the car he drives,absolutely top class driving in this unbelievable and technical track.

i'd put in also leclerc,the qualify was outstanding then there's no much to do considering the fiat uno he's driving

• Deleted member 963434

I actually do hope that Lewis leaves to go to another team to help them as Schumi did after so much success :thumbsup:
he first must break Schumi record, and i think he want to make so record nobody break it for more years so no, he stay in best team to make big record and be best driver for 30 years or more

Some good performances, and.... some not so good
That pile-up after safety car restrart? Wasn't great driving there :/

Good -
LH (fluffed the start, but made up for it)
AA (did well in the end)
DR (probably did the best possible with that car)
Also LS for a while (don't know what happened though), KR, DK.

Last edited:
Bottas is a very substandard driver, yet in the Merc he is apparently the 2nd best driver on the grid.....THAT is how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Bottas sounded a bit angsty today, with being held back from racing, but he knows in the cold light of day if he jumped ship to to another team he'd never get another podium let alone a win...

Apart from Kimi being a Boss he drove a good race and beat a Ferrari and scored points with a 5 sec penalty.

Congrats to Albon , really happy for him but he has been underperforming compared to Max race and should always pick points if Max is not there anyway.....so 3rd is expected.

Lewis clearly played with Bottas keeping the gap no less than 1.3secs .

Just watched Sky's "everyone say something nice about Ferrari intro" :sick:

Sentimentality towards Ferrari is running high because they suck! :laugh: If they had aired that intro during Schumi's dominance, they would have been flooded with angry letters/emails! "Don't Ferrari get enough publicity as it is?!?" etc.

I almost voted for Kimi, for the "conversation" with his engineer! :D

But I voted Albon. Great drive and a first podium. Ricciardo almost got his first podium and Abiteboul almost had to get a tatoo. If it happens, who picks the spot for the tatoo? :roflmao:

Last edited:
Another PU failure for Max, this time right away. Max had a pretty good chance to win this time, too bad.

I did not see any amazing performances, race was overall ruined by 2 red flags and the fact that Mugello is pretty **** for F1. Riccardo performed well and Albon finally did what he should be doing since the start, so I hope we see more of that. Russel deserved his first points this race...

I hope that both Lewis and Mercedes are in top form for the next ten or more years. Hopefully Mercedes themselves could pass all records set by Ferrari in the process.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 211 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%