Hi guys. I've been working on Formula One style steering wheel, ordered by my Spanish friend. Please have a look on the final product.
Grips are Suede wrapped and it worked pretty nicely (at least a lot better than I expected). Some parts are 3D printed BUT they're all sanded and painted. I always make sure they don't look like they're 3D printed.
If you're thinking about buying one, feel free to DM me or drop an email to
taichisteering@gmail.com

My Instagram
Download my paddle shifter Here

Price (complete wheel): 70,000JPY (approx 580Euro)+shipping

Price (Data for 3D printing and laser cut): 4000JPY (approx 35Euro)

IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg
IMG_1587.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg

Last edited:
The wheel is inspired by McLaren F1 rim. I design on CAD (Fusion 360).
575447822.379865.jpg

Here are the renders of the 3D data.
IMG_8294.png
IMG_8295.png

Then soldered all electronic components.
I used USBD480 for the display, LeoBodnar BBI-32 board for the buttons and encoders, Pro Micro for LEDs. The display and the LEDs are connected via Simhub. (Please make some donations! his software is absolutely brilliant)
IMG_8645.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey Taichi. Im waiting to see how your Cosworth redesign works out as that is the one Im interested in. I also was wondering if you have any plans to design a button plate that can be used with for example a MOMO wheel? This is what Im really looking for. I like the Sam Maxwell designs but everything outside of Japan is pretty expensive and once its shipped, the cost gets really high. I love your designs too and am interested to see what else is coming down the pipeline.

Upvote 0
Hey Taichi. Im waiting to see how your Cosworth redesign works out as that is the one Im interested in. I also was wondering if you have any plans to design a button plate that can be used with for example a MOMO wheel? This is what Im really looking for. I like the Sam Maxwell designs but everything outside of Japan is pretty expensive and once its shipped, the cost gets really high. I love your designs too and am interested to see what else is coming down the pipeline.
Hi Naondave, I’m glad to hear from you again. Cosworth LMP2 wheel is definitely on my ToDo list but I’ve got some custom orders at the moment. There’s actually quite a few request for redesigning LMP2 wheel so I’ll try my best to sort this out ASAP.
Button plates are something in my mind for long and I’d love to make one for you if you’re interested. Just drop me a dm or email. I need to know what model of MOMO wheel you’re using etc etc

Upvote 0
That's a stellar job you've done here. I might consider talking to more established wheel builders and seeing if you can make some friends in the machining business. 3D printed parts product flex anywhere on the wheel and it dulls feedback you don't know existed.

Very well done here though, should be quite proud.

Upvote 0
That's a stellar job you've done here. I might consider talking to more established wheel builders and seeing if you can make some friends in the machining business. 3D printed parts product flex anywhere on the wheel and it dulls feedback you don't know existed.

Very well done here though, should be quite proud.
Hi Sccot, thanks very much!
Sounds brilliant, Using machining for all of the parts has been in my mind but the price will absolutely rocket if I take the path. There’s no flex since I use two Aluminium plates and thinking about utilising real carbon plates for future upgrades:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Hi Sccot, thanks very much!
Sounds brilliant, Using machining for all of the parts has been in my mind but the price will absolutely rocket if I take the path. There’s no flex since I use two Aluminium plates and thinking about utilising real carbon plates for future upgrades:thumbsup:

I totally missed the back aluminum plate, wow man, you've done a really great job here and considered all the possible issues. You may be correct, that's a design I don't see often. If you are fronted and backed by a metal/composite the feedback might be right on. I could compare with my full CF/Garrolite wheel ;) . If only I had unlimited funds hehe, maybe one day I'll get a build from you when I have disposable income to throw around again.

Upvote 0
I totally missed the back aluminum plate, wow man, you've done a really great job here and considered all the possible issues. You may be correct, that's a design I don't see often. If you are fronted and backed by a metal/composite the feedback might be right on. I could compare with my full CF/Garrolite wheel ;) . If only I had unlimited funds hehe, maybe one day I'll get a build from you when I have disposable income to throw around again.
Yeah, that's the main part of this wheel actually;). I call it "Sandwich Construction" and it works pretty well. I've been trying to reduce the cost while keeping the quality and integrating preferences from customers. So yeah, hopefully my wheels are on your choice for the future:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Hey Taichi, I'm actually working on my first wheel build at the moment. Which NKK buttons do you prefer? Do you have any experience with the Knitter buttons? What's your feedback on those?

Upvote 0
Hey Taichi, I'm actually working on my first wheel build at the moment. Which NKK buttons do you prefer? Do you have any experience with the Knitter buttons? What's your feedback on those?

I've used NKK EB2011 button. I've also used Knitter MPS103F for an LMP3 wheel before and I personally feel like Knitter ones have better durability although both of them have a similar click.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. I've been working on Formula One style steering wheel, ordered by my Spanish friend. Please have a look on the final product.
Grips are Suede wrapped and it worked pretty nicely (at least a lot better than I expected). Some parts are 3D printed BUT they're all sanded and painted. I always make sure they don't look like they're 3D printed.
If you're thinking about buying one, feel free to DM me or drop an email to
taichisteering@gmail.com

My Instagram
Download my paddle shifter Here

Price (complete wheel): 70,000JPY (approx 580Euro)+shipping

Price (Data for 3D printing and laser cut): 4000JPY (approx 35Euro)

View attachment 307259View attachment 307260View attachment 307261View attachment 307262
Wich
The wheel is inspired by McLaren F1 rim. I design on CAD (Fusion 360).
View attachment 307264
Here are the renders of the 3D data.
View attachment 307265 View attachment 307266
Then soldered all electronic components.
I used USBD480 for the display, LeoBodnar BBI-32 board for the buttons and encoders, Pro Micro for LEDs. The display and the LEDs are connected via Simhub. (Please make some donations! his software is absolutely brilliant)
View attachment 307267
You send to me the program code?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline