Who was your Spanish Grand Prix RaceDepartment Driver of the Day?

• Total voters

Formula One Spanish Grand Prix | Driver Of The Day: Vote Now

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment Formula One 'Driver of the Day' from the Spanish Grand Prix.

Barcelona 2020 certainly won't be going down in the record books as a classic Grand Prix, far from it. That said, with the 20 Formula One drivers lining up on the grid and giving it their all for 60+ laps at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya today, who do our RaceDepatment community think was the best performing of the bunch?

Did Lewis Hamilton catch the eye out front in the dominant Mercedes, how about one of the Racing Point pair in last years Silver Arrow, or does someone further down the finishing order deserve credit for their performance today? Let us know your thoughts in the poll and comments section below!

F1 foote.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.

Mike Kadlcak

100RPM
Jul 23, 2015
yea even Stroll can get good if he stays long enough in F1. For me i have more respect to drivers who not just stay in one racing series but tries a bunch.

Reactions: atomed and Paul_V

Michel Forest

100RPM
Jul 26, 2017
Gonna be an unpopular one I already know it but for me Stroll was great today right up until his strategy got a big messed up near the end, his start was amazing
I picked Stroll too. Very solid drive, no mistakes, almost on the podium and consistently ahead of his teammate.

But what a snoozefest that was. All drivers a lap behind Hamilton except Bottas and Verstappen... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz… Thank God we have the Indy 500 next week and Spa in two weeks.

Knoxstar

250RPM
Jan 5, 2016
Hear, hear for Stroll. Mega start and did did it cleanly but aggresively. No one was "on fire" today though because they had to...gasp, save the tires but props to Seb for a strong run.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
Stroll for the start (nice big cojones there) but after that noone else. Race was such a snoozer I didnt even notice anything out of the ordinary, performance wise. Hopefully someone pulls the plug on that (test) track.
Yes, the F2 race wasn’t that great either. Races at Barcelona are usually boring.

Reactions: Patrik Marek

paracletus

1000RPM
Dec 6, 2013
(Quote/OP) Struggling to find any interesting points in this race. Not voting for anyone, noone really did a whole lot out there other than point the wheels the right way.

Nick Hill

1000RPM
Premium
Oct 26, 2013
I was boring and gave it to Hamilton. Yeah, fastest guy in fastest car wins race, what a surprise...but I really anticipated Merc struggling in these temps (as did a lot of other people, maybe even Merc themselves), so I have a feeling Lewis had to do quite a bit of nifty tire management to dominate like he did.

I think is a very neat track and a beautiful country, but it really doesn't suit these cars in terms of allowing good race action. Hopefully the new aero rules will let this track (and others) come alive.

Reactions: ElectronicSpeed

Badwheels

25RPM
Premium
Jul 9, 2020
I voted for Lewis because he did what you should do when you are the best. Crush everyone else. But I am really for Nicolas and Alex. I can't imagine going to every race knowing everyone either thinks you shouldn't be in F1 or thinks you shouldn't be in F1.

Last edited:

thunderpop

10RPM
Jun 28, 2017
I voted for Vettel because he drove like a lion with a Formula2 car, incredible pit strategy, tire change with Leclerc on the same lap with different tires and then 40 laps with the red ones (25 laps with medium). At Ferrari, either they are idiots or they do it on purpose and I say it as an Italian

D

Deleted member 205301

...You know what ? I voted Stroll, for "encouragements" (not that he did perfectly, but that was pretty good for this low'rated driver)
I should have voted verstappen, or perez, or sainz, or gasly...maybe vettel.....lots of guys did pretty well in this (boring) race :)
@++