Alright when was that again.....?

I agree with you, overall, but based on previous races, I was at least expecting a message on the screen like « Accident between cars 16 and 18 under review » and it never even appeared. That‘s what surprised me.

If not "under review", at least "noted". That I agree with.

Stewards' leniency with Leclerc is not new. And Stroll is pursued by bad luck, Pérez must have given him his black cat as a farewell gift.

A bit on the side, but I'd happily take Stroll's "bad" luck over almost anything. He might have 2 races that has gone against him, but just being Lance Stroll is not bad luck at all!

Voting is now open for the RaceDepartment Russian Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

Today, our first non-European race of the season took place at Sochi.

Our seventh visit to the circuit saw plenty of overtaking action, some accidents, a safety car and a couple of controversial penalties. We witnessed yet another exciting couple of fights, in a race that saw the midfield teams move even closer together in the constructors standings. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Grand Prix, and can vote for your Race Department Driver of the Day.

While there weren't any big standouts from today's race, there are a few good candidates for your vote, with a handful of drivers definitely maximising what was possible from their cars. Does today's race winner get it for not putting a foot wrong? Or did someone else catch your eye?

Let us know by voting and tell us what you thought of the race.

Sochi (2).jpg

F1 is for sure broken with the merc domination. If Max, Russel, Le Clerc, Sainz, Norris, Ricardo... have good cars ervery week for the podium you have the best motorsport tv on the planet. Ohh sorry... they change the rules in 2021.... again next year a same borring season. With the best F1 driver all time Lewis Hamilton. What a joke!!!!

Fia thanks!

Last edited:
F1 is for sure broken with the merc domination. If Max, Russel, Le Clerc, Sainz, Norris, Ricardo... have good cars ervery week for the podium you have the best motorsport tv on the planet. Ohh sorry... they change the rules in 2021.... again next year a same borring season. With the best F1 driver all time Lewis Hamilton. What a joke!!!!

Fia thanks!

It's damaging to the sport on many levels. I mean, Lewis, he is one of the handful of drivers who in my mind can legitimately lay claim to best ever. I'm not saying he is/isn't best ever, I'm just saying if you want to have a serious "best ever" discussion and omit Lewis, I'll have a hard time taking you seriously. But I think you can argue the hybrid era has either been a net negative for his reputation or - at the minimum - limited the amount of prestige he's "earned" over this time period. This is in spite of winning pretty much everything in sight. It's ruining the spectacle, all we can see as fans are one sided races. I fear that Lewis's accomplishments will always carry an "asterisk" for many of us (either consciously or sub-consciously).

I am really gettin sick of Crashtappen!!! How the hell does he get away with cuting track and overtaking under yellow flags???? This is ridiculous....I have never seen a driver been so nursed in F1!!! Meanwhile Hamilton is getting punished for minor stupid things! I dont give a damm about Hamilton btw.
There are more getting sick by you, but you don’t see it your self, and put that crashtappen somewhere where it’s dark, looser.

It's damaging to the sport on many levels. I mean, Lewis, he is one of the handful of drivers who in my mind can legitimately lay claim to best ever. I'm not saying he is/isn't best ever, I'm just saying if you want to have a serious "best ever" discussion and omit Lewis, I'll have a hard time taking you seriously. But I think you can argue the hybrid era has either been a net negative for his reputation or - at the minimum - limited the amount of prestige he's "earned" over this time period. This is in spite of winning pretty much everything in sight. It's ruining the spectacle, all we can see as fans are one sided races. I fear that Lewis's accomplishments will always carry an "asterisk" for many of us (either consciously or sub-consciously).

What's truly problematic, in my opinion, is the other teams being incapable of challenging Mercedes. I can't fault LH for driving for the best team and being the most dominant driver of his generation. I didn't hear people willing put an asterisk next to Schumacher's name between 2000-2004, even if they had a marked advantage due to their privileged relationship with Bridgestone. Mercedes and LH get the reward they deserve for being the absolute best since 2014. What's depressing is how inept the teams that should challenge Mercedes are: Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull and Renault should, considering their resources, be able to mount an opposition. But McLaren is very slowly coming back from the dead, Renault is incapable of putting it together, Red Bull is the eternal 2nd best and Ferrari... enough said. Rather then blame Mercedes for doing a fantastic job, let's hope the other teams finally get it together. My only hope is the budget cap next season. Maybe that will help (fingers crossed.)

Last edited:
What's truly problematic, in my opinion, is the other teams being incapable of challenging Mercedes. I can't fault LH for driving for the best team and being the most dominant driver of his generation. I didn't hear people willing put an asterisk next to Schumacher's name between 2000-2004, even if they had a marked advantage due to their privileged relationship with Bridgestone. Mercedes and LH get the reward they deserve for being the absolute best since 2014. What's depressing is how inept the teams that should challenge Mercedes are: Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull and Renault should, considering their resources, be able to mount an opposition. But McLaren is very slowly coming back from the dead, Renault is incapable of putting it together, Red Bull is the eternal 2nd best and Ferrari... enough said. Rather then blame Mercedes for doing a fantastic job, let's hope the other teams finally get it together. My only hope is the budget cap next season. Maybe that will help (fingers crossed.)

agree dont understand me wrong! What they did with the Redbull Vettel domination... after the 4 years change the rules of the car engine and package

Problem solved

Last edited:
I had to take Daniel Riccardo. Why.

Race Engineer: " Daniel, we have a 5 second penalty for the incident in the turn"
Daniel: " Ok. I will drive faster, I will make up the time"

Bono: "Lewis, we have 2, 5 second penalties"
Lewis: " Why?"
Bono: "Practicing starts in non-designated areas"
Lewis: " What This is some $(^)&#)@))#&___#&&_%_%&% BS"
Bono: " Lewis box, box"
Lewis: " No ($($&)@)&*%)%&) way"
Lewis: " Why did we pit so soon, you dumb (%)%&)@)@&"
Bono: "James, you better get your boy before I ($)T)$#)&))@ him up"

Last edited:
It's a shame that Carey is leaving. The guy truly put all he had, it was visible he was struggling, he looked to me very often struggling healthwise and it's a shame he goes away, but he did a tremendous job! Of course, Ross Brawn helped him a lot too, together they did the impossible - implementing the budget cap & made it possible F1 to have a proper season in 2020. This is a tremendous achievement.

On the other hand, Domenicalli was a great Ferrari team boss, he helped a lot to streamline the single-seaters ladder and now we have a clear path F4-Regional F3-FIA F3-F2-F1 along with a point system to prevent journeyman drivers to buy their way into F1. But he has something that Carey has in spade, an out of the box thinking, he's an insider and F1 needs someone from the outside to shake it up further. Maybe Stefano will bring someone from the outside to advise him, or more like Mappei will do it. But one thing is for sure, Stefano is immune to all the politics in the paddock :)

I vote for Valteri this time. He did what he had to do after Lewis penalty. What a boring race.

Sometimes I get lost with the penalties enforced to drivers. Why Leclerc did not receive a penalty for causing a collision to Stroll? Where RIC was supposed to go? He had to full stop and turn left in order to be able to take that corner inside the barriers?

Lewis penalty is fine if the practicing position was agreed before the race, but twice?

I had to take Daniel Riccardo. Why.

Race Engineer: " Daniel, we have a 5 second penalty for the incident in the turn"
Daniel: " Ok. I will drive faster, I will make up the time"

Bono: "Lewis, we have 2, 5 second penalties"
Lewis: " Why?"
Bono: "Practicing starts in non-designated areas"
Lewis: " What This is some $(^)&#)@))#&___#&&_%_%&% BS"
Bono: " Lewis box, box"
Lewis: " No ($($&)@)&*%)%&) way"
Lewis: " Why did we pit so soon, you dumb (%)%&)@)@&"
Bono: "James, you better get your boy before I ($)T)$#)&))@ him up"
Lewis would smack him with a tire leaving the Pirelli logo imprinted on the guys forehead.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%