• 28000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the RD Army on our official Discord server

Who is your RaceDepartment Driver of the Day?

• Total voters

Formula One Russian Grand Prix | Driver of the Day: Vote Now

Voting is now open for the RaceDepartment Russian Grand Prix 'Driver of the Day'.

Today, our first non-European race of the season took place at Sochi.

Our seventh visit to the circuit saw plenty of overtaking action, some accidents, a safety car and a couple of controversial penalties. We witnessed yet another exciting couple of fights, in a race that saw the midfield teams move even closer together in the constructors standings. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the Grand Prix, and can vote for your Race Department Driver of the Day.

While there weren't any big standouts from today's race, there are a few good candidates for your vote, with a handful of drivers definitely maximising what was possible from their cars. Does today's race winner get it for not putting a foot wrong? Or did someone else catch your eye?

Let us know by voting and tell us what you thought of the race.

Sochi (2).jpg

22. Software Engineer with experience in Formula One and Motorsport simulation.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badwheels

50RPM
Premium
Jul 9, 2020
I had to take Daniel Riccardo. Why.

Race Engineer: " Daniel, we have a 5 second penalty for the incident in the turn"
Daniel: " Ok. I will drive faster, I will make up the time"

Bono: "Lewis, we have 2, 5 second penalties"
Lewis: " Why?"
Bono: "Practicing starts in non-designated areas"
Lewis: " What This is some $(^)&#)@))#&___#&&_%_%&% BS"
Bono: " Lewis box, box"
Lewis: " No ($($&)@)&*%)%&) way"
Lewis: " Why did we pit so soon, you dumb (%)%&)@)@&"
Bono: "James, you better get your boy before I ($)T)$#)&))@ him up"

Last edited:

nangu

25RPM
Jan 6, 2015
I vote for Valteri this time. He did what he had to do after Lewis penalty. What a boring race.

Sometimes I get lost with the penalties enforced to drivers. Why Leclerc did not receive a penalty for causing a collision to Stroll? Where RIC was supposed to go? He had to full stop and turn left in order to be able to take that corner inside the barriers?

Lewis penalty is fine if the practicing position was agreed before the race, but twice?

Reactions: Andrew Harper

ZuneGuy

100RPM
Nov 8, 2010
I had to take Daniel Riccardo. Why.

Race Engineer: " Daniel, we have a 5 second penalty for the incident in the turn"
Daniel: " Ok. I will drive faster, I will make up the time"

Bono: "Lewis, we have 2, 5 second penalties"
Lewis: " Why?"
Bono: "Practicing starts in non-designated areas"
Lewis: " What This is some $(^)&#)@))#&___#&&_%_%&% BS"
Bono: " Lewis box, box"
Lewis: " No ($($&)@)&*%)%&) way"
Lewis: " Why did we pit so soon, you dumb (%)%&)@)@&"
Bono: "James, you better get your boy before I ($)T)$#)&))@ him up"
Lewis would smack him with a tire leaving the Pirelli logo imprinted on the guys forehead.

Mar 24, 2019
Max fanboys must be really happy for no penalty applied for overtaking Daniel under yellow flag!!! What a utter joke!!! He just cant accept Daniel is much better than him even with a Renault.
Are you really crying about that? Daniel didn't even finish ahead of Perez, not even close actually. But I guess you do not have an excuse for that right?

Bottas talking **** on the radio, like this victory wasn't handed to him, as if he won on pure merit. He didn't even have the balls to overtake Hamilton on T2, he was ahead and let him go, said a "bee" ruined his overtake. Pathetic.

Enagee

500RPM
Oct 15, 2010
LANDO!!!!!!!

Not sure if you guys slept half way but Lando pitted lap 3 and fought Albon Russell and Gasly on dead tyres. Very impressed with his car placement.

Offical vote was Max........ Shades on.

Last edited:

motoliser

500RPM
Jan 12, 2018
clearly you have no idea what the rules actually are?
Single stationary yellow flag means overtaking prohibited due to danger near the track. Single waved yellow flag means overtaking prohibited due to danger on the track. Double waved yellow flag means overtaking prohibited due to blocked track. At both flags, a speed reduction is required as well.

So what weird dance do marshals have to do with yellow flags so that a driver is allowed to overtake???

Mar 24, 2019
Single stationary yellow flag means overtaking prohibited due to danger near the track. Single waved yellow flag means overtaking prohibited due to danger on the track. Double waved yellow flag means overtaking prohibited due to blocked track. At both flags, a speed reduction is required as well.

So what weird dance do marshals have to do with yellow flags so that a driver is allowed to overtake???
Back in my days, trolls used to be pretty good.

Your *weird* love for Ricciardo is clouding your judgment, my little troll.

aphidgod

2000RPM
Premium
Jun 27, 2015
Bottas winning in a car that's a second and a half faster than the field isn't really an accomplishment, even if everybody (mistakenly) thinks he's bad. Leclerc piloting that heap to 6th is a true feat. Realistically Max should get it every week for at least providing a whiff of drama at the sharp end. Ricciardo drove great.

Went with Charles.

Reactions: Ruy Horta

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
I hesitated between Perez and Ricciardo. I picked Perez because I had to pick one but both were potential choices. I think McLaren traded up when they picked Daniel to replace Sainz. Sainz is good, but Ricciardo is even better. Perez was great. He didn’t get the car updates yet he managed to outqualify Stroll and he had a great race.

LeSunTzu

1000RPM
Feb 13, 2013
Pérez. Both he and Bottas had a flawless race, but Checo didn't make a paranoid fool of himself on the radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: snyperal
Status
Not open for further replies.