Alright when was that again.....?

A fairly interesting race, with some great, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing between drivers full of respect for each other, that know the width of their cars... and then there was verstappen, crashing into people again :rolleyes:

When is he going to grow up (if ever)?

I have been following F1 since the mid-70's. Has the sport ever been as boring as it is today?

Unless something unusual happens like rain or red flags, the racing is not compelling in my opinion.

I think the cars are amazing engineering machines and the drivers have probably never been better however at the end of the day, the entertainment on the track is limited. The starts are great however it doesn't take long before the race turns into a bore for most of the races.

Its to bad F1 can't be more nimble and fix the situation for next year.

Well the first half of today's race has been great!!.. the only problem is the dominance of a single team, because without mercedes it would be awesome, after them there's many drivers and cars fighting for p3 through p10 in an awesome way.. said this, i really hope the mercedes dominance will end in 2021 or at least in 2022..

F1 has become very boring. I used to get excited about every race. I have been following F1 since 1963 when I first began reading Road and Track magazine. My brother and I attended every F1 race at Watkins Glen from 69 to 80. When they cancelled Watkins Glen we started going to Montreal. I attended the first race at Austin several years back. Since then it has become a snore fest at best. When one team dominates as Mercedes has now for what, seven or eight years it just isn't exciting. Add to that the political BS of BLM and I'm gone. Politics don't belong in sports. Sports is usually were you turn to to get away from the BS. This has been one of the worst years F1 has ever had.

Kudos to Kimi (always a dogged and fair racer), Carlos (great at starts, amazing in the wet and made things exciting), and Checo (great recovery!), but I had to vote for Gasly who went from P9 to P6. He is getting the most out of the Honda-powered Alpha Tauri--very much in contrast with teammate Kvyat and Albon in the RB.

Very unfortunate day for Lando.

Leclerc continues to impress in the down-on-power Ferrari.

Kudos to Kimi (always a dogged and fair racer), Carlos (great at starts, amazing in the wet and made things exciting), and Checo (great recovery!), but I had to vote for Gasly who went from P9 to P6. He is getting the most out of the Honda-powered Alpha Tauri--very much in contrast with teammate Kvyat and Albon in the RB.

Very unfortunate day for Lando.

Leclerc continues to impress in the down-on-power Ferrari.
Really fair recap, well put! Gasly got my vote as well because he was making up spots in the top half of the grid while some of the other big movers were coming from further down the field.

Leclerc is really making Seb's final year in red a cruel goodbye. Reminds me a bit of Seb's final year at RBR when it was Ricciardo that was really showing him up.

Yeah some wheel to wheel battles but the DRS destroyed the race... Made overtaking tooo easy.

Indeed. On my local French Canadian broadcast (on RDS, with former Indycar winner Patrick Carpentier), they complained about the DRS zone being too long and making passing way too easy. That’s not overtaking, it’s just pushing a button.

Last edited:
We've been really lucky with three brilliant races this year - the Le Mans 24h, Nurburgring 24h and now the spa 24h.

4 hours of Portimao is on next Sunday and we still have the WEC finale in Bahrain to come.

All this is good as I am in tier 3 and so can't go out to watch any real racing.

They also complained about that DRS zone on the official F1 broadcast.

So whatever they say "can" be heard by everone.

Hamilton knows that, he uses it, and people fall for it, including you apparently.
Yes, I am one of the thousands of dumb guys who had not realised that F1 is one gigantic plot. But now I'm enlightened, thanks to you. See you at the next QAnon convention ;)

Last edited:
Voted Seb, just because I believe it is harder to score points in "this year Ferrari with his state of mind" than it is to score 2nd in "Bottas' state of mind with Merc". But looking at that lap 1 from Kimi, fantastic, just for it nobody who he overtook during that first lap should be in talk for driver of the day (I know that includes Seb, but I'm voting for him just for support :) ).
P.S. As someone above mentioned, I would add even that even this first lap pales in comparison with last lap of 24h race with Porsche giving up on Tandy.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%